Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Virgo wheels

Old 07-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virgo wheels

I picked up a couple of sets of Virgo's. No major dents, just some curb rash here and there on a few. The first set I cleaned and degreased. Then I sand blasted them and prepped for paint.

I chose the Duplicolor wheel paint (silver). Sprayed on 3 coats of silver and then 3 of the satin clear finish. Turned out pretty sweet for not having done it before. The finish is very hard and impervious to brake dust and wheel cleaners. Finished them off with the cleaned up Volvo center caps, new lugs/locks and chrome valve stems with caps.

The next set has a bit more curb rash. I have some small metal filesso I'll try and smooth out most of the rash on these. I think Duplicolor satin black will be the color choice this time. I'll post some before/after pics when I can.

Best of luck with your projects...

Chris

Updated 082408:

Got the other set of Virgo's mounted on the wife's 245. I went with Duplicolor's satin black this time. Initially skeptical, I'm pleased with the results. I smoothed out most of the rash with some files, sandblasted them, and finished with four coats of black.

I aborted a clear-coat finish as it highlighted imperfections and minimized the depth of the black color. Chrome lugs/locks and cleaned up center caps rounded it out. The wife is happy and so am I. I put her silver Virgo's on my 245 and ditched those ipd mags with spacers.

The spacers made for a horrendous ride and handling. Now I'm back to smooth performance. When my PC @ home is up 'n running, I'll post pics of both 245's. Have fun with your projects.

Chris

Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Virgo wheels

yes plz put pics up..or PM me sum

i would like to see how that came out cause i thinking about doing this myself

and is sand blasting necessary or an option..i am sure that sand blasting helps no doubt.