General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

VADIS 2005a-EN Can't Find ID Value Error

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy VADIS 2005a-EN Can't Find ID Value Error

I have been using VADIS 2005a-EN for a year now. When I switched PCs and upgraded from XP SP3 to Vista Ultimate the program stopped working correctly. I was able to install it, log on as the admin and set up a new account, end the car info...but when ever I try to open a document with a diagram in it I get....

"Can't find ID with value: VCC-143940. Please contact your VADIS administrator if you need any help."

The VCC ID changes if I choose a differt document and if I search my computer I can find the VCC document in question. Any ideas what happened to my software? Or how to fix it?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow...you voluntarily switched to Vista? Seriously...I've been told VADIS won't run w/ Vista or Win7. Surely there is a compatibility mode? Or...get a copy of VIDA

Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Default IE 9 get out

Uninstal IE 9 (at me it works)
Salut

Old 05-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't tried VADIS in a year, but I couldn't install it on win7 professional even though it has a xp compatiblity mode.

Maybe Matt got VIda on file now https://volvoforums.com/forum/genera...-models-51212/

Old 05-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Default Anybody find the solution?

I bought a copy of Vadis 2005 off of e-bay and am having exactly the same problem. The program loads and runs, but I get the "Can't find the file" message. The odd thing is that the missing file is actually displayed on the screen when this message flashes.

I am running Vista Home Premium SP2.

I have tried every trick that I can find on Google, I have tried removing and re-loading several times. I have tried back dating the computer.

All I want to do is repair my V70 2.5T, I didn't want to take up a career in software programming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave G
aka The Goochman

Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 AM

Having the same issue "can't find id with value: VCC-XXXXX

Using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit & 64 bit tried to both systems.....

looking into the windows xp mode and virtual pc mode... but I tried that in the past for other legacy software without much help.

dm

Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Sorry no luck on the Vida disks Yet...
To tell you guys the truth, I totally forgot about the Vida till Just Now when I read this post.

LOL im such a slacker sometimes....WOW... But Ill work on it as soon as im back to work from my Mandatory Week off (had to use my sick days or id lose them)

But Vadis has major issues with Vista and 7 but it gets worse with 7 64bit...I ran into the same issue on my laptop, I have a buddy of mine who is a programmer trying to figure it out for me, but the PC I hve in the garage is running XP so I havnt called him lately to see the out come...

I will report any findings ASAP!!

Also running it in compatibility mode or in VM will not solve the problem because the install and run paths are in the root of your system32 file, wich references the OS it is installed to not the OS that your trying to run it on... So dont drive your self crazy, I have a small nerd army working on this..

Last edited by MattyXXL; 05-19-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Add note
Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by MattyXXL
Sorry no luck on the Vida disks Yet...
To tell you guys the truth, I totally forgot about the Vida till Just Now when I read this post.

LOL im such a slacker sometimes....WOW... But Ill work on it as soon as im back to work from my Mandatory Week off (had to use my sick days or id lose them)

But Vadis has major issues with Vista and 7 but it gets worse with 7 64bit...I ran into the same issue on my laptop, I have a buddy of mine who is a programmer trying to figure it out for me, but the PC I hve in the garage is running XP so I havnt called him lately to see the out come...

I will report any findings ASAP!!

Also running it in compatibility mode or in VM will not solve the problem because the install and run paths are in the root of your system32 file, wich references the OS it is installed to not the OS that your trying to run it on... So dont drive your self crazy, I have a small nerd army working on this..
I'm going to still give the XP mode and virtual PC mode a shot. I was under the impression this was what XP mode would do for you........

Would love to see vida in the future.

Thanks in advance

dm

Old 05-20-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm working on the vida issue.. the main problem that I am having with vida is that it is a 1 licence per disk and I only have 25 disks.

On the other hand I have figured out the issue with the vadis not finding the files.
It turns out not to be a windows issue.. it is a internet explorer 9 or a C++ redistributable path error.
.net framework 3.5 may have something to do with it also but I am narrowing it down now and should have a soultion to the problem by Monday so just sit tight, I will get us up and running again soon.

Last edited by MattyXXL; 05-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by maniol
Uninstal IE 9 (at me it works)
Salut
I'm have W7 32bit and had also this same problem. I also had Explorer 9 installed. After deleting(downgrading) Explorer 9 --> 8 Vadis works for me again. Problem solved for me by doing this downgrade.

Can someone fix a update for Explorer 9?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by paashaas1985
I'm have W7 32bit and had also this same problem. I also had Explorer 9 installed. After deleting(downgrading) Explorer 9 --> 8 Vadis works for me again. Problem solved for me by doing this downgrade.

Can someone fix a update for Explorer 9?
Yes... Internet Explorer 9 seems to be the culprit 100%.
The reasoning is that IE9 re-directs the paths of som programs that use its framework. Sadly microsoft doesn't care about such an issue. So my advise would be to uninstall 9 which will automatically revert to 8...

If your looking for a better browser I suggest firefox or chrome...

I only use IE for some work stuff that requires it but you will see no difference with 8 than 9..

PM me if you need help un installing IE9

Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by dwmoss
I'm going to still give the XP mode and virtual PC mode a shot. I was under the impression this was what XP mode would do for you........

Would love to see vida in the future.

Thanks in advance

dm
Ok, I got vadis working using windows 7 (32bit) ultimate, and using XP Mode. I had taken the install disc to a xp computer and it worked fine so I knew it wasn't my discs.

Installed under XP mode in windows 7 and its working fine. On another note, where is the idiots guide for using vadis?? I'm trying to find the 4 oxygen sensor locations and their relationship to bank 1 sensor 2 and I'm lost.

For googlers out there, I felt I might have some luck using xp mode.... I was also fighting another legacy program. Kenwood's bluetooth update software tool. I was trying to update the firmware on my kca-bt200 (kenwoods add on for bluetooth, I have a excelon x693) Using the kenwood program under windows 7 would never find the bluetooth dongle. Installing the program in windows xp mode, attaching the usb bluetooth device, worked great. Now hopefully the piece of ****e bluetooth adapter won't fill up it's memory in 5 restarts as it had in the past. (Sorry for putting this information here, but I hadn't found any info on the web with my same situation, so I'm adding here in case anyone eles is looking)

Getting the bluetooth software tool working under xp mode gave me the motivation to try vadis in xp mode as well.

dm

Old 05-21-2011, 03:04 PM

It will work on ALL windows Operating systems (200, Me, XP, sh*tsta i mean vista, and 7) as long as you dont have Internet Explorer 9 installed..

As for windows 7 64-bit you must upgrade .net framework 3.5 to .net framework 4 and all will work fine.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by rowanfredo123
Well Every Software Depends On Version of It's Operating System's Environment !!

So I Kindly Request You To Please Find Appropriate Software Version Related To Your Operating System Your Problem Will Solved !!

Thanks !!
The problem is already solved and it is NOT an operating system issue... It is a framework issue with IE9.

So I kindly Request that you Read all the posts before you give people bad advise..

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2018, 03:20 PM

this thread is OLD now- but just wondering if anyone tried Vadis with windows 10 without any problems?