Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo 240, 740 & 940
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2007, 05:11 AM

Default ignition timing

Greetingsto all.
i need some help setting the ignition timing on my 1984 240dl (1986cc).
Does anyone know the correct contact breaker gap and the strobe ignition timing for this car? im using 97 RON unleaded fuel.

Any help greatly appreciated..
Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 AM

Default RE: ignition timing

I have no experience with your model car, mine is a 91 240 which is quite a bit different. I did however look up the specs on ALLDATA and it said 12' BTDC timing with the vacuum line off of the distributor. Also it says your car has a hall effect ditributor which means you don't have any points. Hopefully this helps a little and at least gets you on the right track.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:24 AM

Default RE: ignition timing

Thanks for the reply.
Actually the car does have a conventional dizzy with contact points. Just changed it 2 days ago. At the moment i'm trying to locate the engine code on the block..seems to have disappeared. There are not many of this particular model volvo in this country, so far i've only seen 1 other, that was a long time ago. Most240'sare the 2.4L 240GL..I'l post again when i find the code;.. if i find the code, rather.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:24 AM

Tags
1984, 1986, 240, 91, adjust, dl, engine, ignition, marks, specifications, specs, timing, vacuum, volovo, volvo