Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Inlet Manifold - Car wont start after removing/refitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:00 PM
pow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inlet Manifold - Car wont start after removing/refitting

Hello all!

Right I need some help!

I am fitting LPG to my 98 T5 (pre ME engine). I removed the inlet manifold to drill it with the lpg injectors. I managed to snap the vacuum pipe that goes to the drivers side of the manifold and the oil catch can, so I replaced this. Also the small hose on the front of the inlet that clips to the fan assembly I replaced as it split when removing (I used normal fuel line hose for this as its the same internal diameter).

Here's the next issue... I removed the injector rail and 3 of the 5 plastic washers on the end of the injectors broke, I went to my Volvo dealer and they said they are not important and just to keep the rubber seals in place (I put new seals on). So to substitute the washers I cut new rubber seals in half and put these on, this seems to have worked well...

The one vacuum hose that goes to somewhere behind the waste-gate on the turbo looks a little perished but I cant find any splits in it. Also when removing the broken hose that goes to the oil catch can (at the turbo end), it managed to pull out the pcv, which looked rather gunked up but I pushed it back into the inlet pipe.

Now the main problem....

After refitting everything, the car wont fire! It turns over but wont catch, I am thinking its a vacuum leak but cant imagine that one hose would stop the car starting?

Could someone please help, before I dismantle everything!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM
pow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update,

I have checked the hoses with a vacuum pump and they all hold a vacuum...

One thing I would like advice on.. On the manifold on the drivers side, the hose attached to a "part of it" this was lose in the maifold when I had it on the bench, I tried to move it just now but it seems to be solid, what is this and should it move in and out fractionally?

Can anyone help?

Thanks