2000 v 70 R

Old 04-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 v 70 R

I have a good one. Just picked up a turbo wagon. the front passenger door window will go down, but not up. Unless i hold the side mirror control in the up position and raise the window simotaniously. dont ask how i stumbled across that. 2nd the doors lock by themselves and wont unlock with the switch, only the remote if its out of the ignition. and even when they are in the locked position, you can hear them still trying to lock. like a ghost is pushing the button!
Everything seems to point to the ecu. Ive tried new control switches, no luck. Then the check engine light came on, codes were po422 catalyst misfire ,( which i doubt, she runs great) and a temp sensor issue. I ohmed the sensor and it seems good 844 ohms at about 90F. I disconnected the battery and touched the conductors for a minute, reattached and started the car. the fault light is gone but still the weird electrical issues. Any advise? a new ecu?? Thanks much!!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default New owner issues

Hi and welcome to the forum. You posted in the wrong section so I moved it.

Not sure if you think the ECU has anything to do with you door locks or not but if so, it does NOT. The door locks have a small electric motor in each latch that locks and unlocks the car. They wear out and need to be replaced.

Last edited by rspi; 04-25-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 v70 r

thanks for moving the post. I wondered why no one answered. Ill check the locks, but like I mentioned, they lock on their own even with the key out. And I can hear them continuing to try and lock even when they are already locked.. weird! Is there another cpu that operates the windows and such? It sounds strange but I have to hold the passenger outside mirror conrtol in the up position while lifting up on the window switch to make the front passenger window go up. It goes down normally, not up. Plus now my fuel door wont open. In the sedans there is a cable in the trunk for emergency. Not in the wagon. so I had to bust the plastic hasp to refuel yesterday. With all these strange things going on I thought it could be some control module. Any ideas?