Key Fob Reprogramming - Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Old 01-30-2015, 03:57 AM

Default Key Fob Reprogramming

I purchased a 2001 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]V70[/COLOR][/COLOR] XC Country Wagon for my daughter that was in great shape with only 98K. Took a lot of elbow grease and time to make it look mint ( the OCD in me). The [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]rear [COLOR=blue !important]view [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]mirror[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] was half dimming. So I purchased a used OEM one off E-Bay. Now the key Fob will not work the door locks electronically. I tried the turn to position ll- 5 times on 5th time leave it wait for red dash light to [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]flash[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Never did. Did not work. Several attempts. Called Volvo, they said that I needed the car that the new(used) mirror came from to reprogram it. Which to me was saying they did not have a clue ! They are a large dealership that I have purchased 3 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]XC90's[/COLOR][/COLOR] since 2005. (Long story,and not an inexpensive one to boot) My understanding is my next move would be to find a locksmith with the Volvo software that could reprogram it. Which I am finding out are few and far betwen,due to the expensive cost of the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]software[/COLOR][/COLOR]. I am curious if anyone has any other potential solutions other than try another dealership ? Would appreciate it beyond belief. Thanks