05 XC70 leak in car behind glove box washer fluid

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 XC70 leak in car behind glove box washer fluid

Good day all, I have searched the forum but cannot gain much info. I have water on the floor, passenger side of the car. I removed the lower panels, and found everything wet. It smells like washer fluid, so I left the panels off and washed the rear window with the washers. Bingo when I spray the rear window, washer fluid pours out from the behind the glove box. I am looking for some direction on what to disassemble to gain access to the washer hose that runs to the rear washers, I assume it runs up the pillar, along the upper door frames to the rear lift gate or does it run along the floor to the lift gate. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated, is there a valve up the pillar? I would also like to hear from anyone that has had this same issue.

For those interested I found the problem, the hose going to the rear windows runs on the outside of the pillar, inside the car. There is a plastic connector that came apart. All I had to remove was the cover going up the pillar, reconnect the hose to the plastic coupling and I put a zip tie on so it won't come off again. Job done, now to dry the carpet.

Last edited by Padrea; 09-22-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Padrea
Good day all, I have searched the forum but cannot gain much info. I have water on the floor, passenger side of the car. I removed the lower panels, and found everything wet. It smells like washer fluid, so I left the panels off and washed the rear window with the washers. Bingo when I spray the rear window, washer fluid pours out from the behind the glove box. I am looking for some direction on what to disassemble to gain access to the washer hose that runs to the rear washers, I assume it runs up the pillar, along the upper door frames to the rear lift gate or does it run along the floor to the lift gate. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated, is there a valve up the pillar? I would also like to hear from anyone that has had this same issue.

For those interested I found the problem, the hose going to the rear windows runs on the outside of the pillar, inside the car. There is a plastic connector that came apart. All I had to remove was the cover going up the pillar, reconnect the hose to the plastic coupling and I put a zip tie on so it won't come off again. Job done, now to dry the carpet.
HelloSame problem here.
I assume your car is right hand drive?
My question is how do you dismantle Plastic covers and pillar trim?
Thank you a lotDavid