Front Parking Lights going Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Parking Lights going Out

2005 V70 non-turbo, Front Parking Lights going Out after about 5 minutes (but can also be one minute) after starting motor. this is a new car for me so i don't know it's history. the Driver side parking light (amber) goes completely out and the passenger side dims to about half brightness.?? If I shut the car off and restart the car the lights are back on. All other lights are working

Both bulbs are new and are model 2825 because the W5W aren't available locally.

Sometimes (and i mean 1 out of 5 tries) closing the drivers door or dropping the hood-shut causes the light to go out, but this is not consistently.

Wiggling the wires and harness has no effect.

Had both lens assemblies out of the car and inspected all wiring and connection. everything is in tip top shape and plugged up tight.

What gets me is why the passenger bulb dims when the drivers side goes out!

After reading some of the previous posts there is reference to the CEM (Central Electronic Module) but i don't know if this applies to a 2005

Does anyone have any ideals short of taking the car in to a repair shop?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 PM

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

while my front parking lights were faulting, I also noticed that the interior switch that controls my headlights (when set to the parking-light setting) did not illuminate the parking lights when the key was removed, (i.e. they were not working). after playing with the car for about 1/2 hour the parking-light setting on the light switch started to work again and the Drivers Side Parking Light did not go-out any more, this led me to think the two are somehow related.

I have read on a forum that the Parking-Light light switch setting powers the lights threw an alternative circuit than the ON LIGHT position. (if this is true) could the faulty parking-light switch setting be grounding out the normal ON circuit, thus causing one light to go out completely and the other to just dim (because the grounding is not complete).

I have looked up the CEM (Central Electronic Module), and the parking lights definitely are controlled by this item. BUT is there also a Fuse or a Relay that i can check before purchasing a new CEM as this is an expensive item to replace?

Old 10-06-2013, 10:10 AM

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Can anyone confirm that the shunt for the front parking lights is in the rear fuse-box?

The following users liked this post:
hudnhudn@hotmail.com (10-31-2020)