HELP! headlamp failure service required

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! headlamp failure service required

A couple months ago i bought my first 2004 Volvo v70 R (wrecked) i fixed it up and replaced all the bent/ broken parts but i had an air bag light on so i used a scan tool to clear it (it has stayed off) i went for a drive after i cleared all the codes everything was working great and then out of no where it said "bulb failure low beam" i thought nothing of it since i could just change it when i got home. well when i got home all the lights worked, high/low beams, turn signals, side markers, tail lights, reverse lights, license plate lights you name it it was working but the message was still on and then it switched and now says headlamp failure service required. code reader comes back with these codes as "permanent" 8f18, 8f1c, and 8f12 and say signal to high/signal missing, i looked for bad fuses cant find any, don't know how to check relays otherwise i would. wiring couldn't be the problem since the lights do work right? Ive search for hours online, on the car and have tried just about everything. i am not sure what the problem could be i have found that it could be the CEM or the ballast i have not looked into either but im really hoping someone on here is willing and able to help me through this because its kicking my butt and i know it might not pass salvage inspection because of it so please help and thanks everyone in advance