Something strange any advice P2 V70

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something strange any advice P2 V70

Hello Volvo community,
Back ground about 2002 V70 first. I recently purchased the vehicle and had to replaced the battery to check the exterior lights. I replaced the passenger low beam as needed and worked, is still working. The rear tail lights needed some replacing. The passenger park light (red) was not working also reverse light (clear) replaced bulbs and only reverse function so I removed the tail light assembly to inspect and notice the contact strip was broken. I removed drivers side also to compare. I purchased a lower tail light assembly to replaced the broken one for passenger side. After installing it did not work. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse, adjusted the socket and it worked. I also needed to replace rear license plate bulbs. They also worked and is still working. Reinstalled tweeters and snapped trimming back together all around as needed. I was reinstalling the cargo net, cargo cover, cargo tray, and side access covers to tail light bulbs I notice the blower fan was running. "The car was off at the time." Does that make sense to anyone? Just as if the heater was on. It was hot air. There wasn't any lights on on the panel. So I turned the car on and turned off A/C along with fan. The fan was already off but I went from low to medium to high the shut completely off. I let the car idle for a while as I continued putting my tools away in the rear. I did have the tailgate open the whole time that I completed the tail lights. I don't know if that matters. But I was checking periodically if the blower came back on after I had turned it off. It did not. But after a few times of checking I noticed a lot of heat coming from underneath the vehicle. Mainly on the passenger side because that is where I was checking. Just a quick listen then I went back to the tailgate to finish what I was doing. But after I noticed the heat I checked the temperature gauge. It was in the middle as normally would be and has always been with engine running. I turned the car off and opened the hood. I immediately could feel high heat from engine when releasing hood latch. After hood was up I did an light inspection more like observation with some hand feel. Coolant reservoir was really hot , top of engine was as well. I just hovered my hand over these areas. I left the hood open and have not started the vehicle again. I logged on to forum to get any advice about this and its been about 1 hour. Going to let it finish cooling down. Have not driven the vehicle since purchase. Parked while I made the repairs Earlier I inspected drivers inside door latch and location of window motor. Needed familiarize for tomorrows project. Removed side panel disconnected master switch that's it though. No engine work to date . Thanks in advance.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Received 599 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Volvo23
I notice the blower fan was running. "The car was off at the time." Does that make sense to anyone? Just as if the heater was on. It was hot air.
Did not read your soliloquy. But noticed those lines scanning it.

Your car has an "afterblow" system. Your heater fan motor comes on after the car is parked for ~50 minutes and blows for ~7 minutes. (as long as the CEM thinks the battery is ok) That is to clear the moisture that causes the stinky sock smell in car ac units sometimes.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great info

Thanks! I was trying to be as informative as I could. I will just wait for questions next time and get straight to the point. I also needed to do update for those who might wanted. Where do I post for that?

Old 04-06-2022, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 493 Likes on 474 Posts

just post your updates to this thread. Savvy users know how to use the search tool to find related posts using keywords.

The following users liked this post:
Volvo23 (04-06-2022)