srs air bag service urgent

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srs air bag service urgent

Need help! Just bought a 2002 v70. It had a locked up seat belt at the left middle row seat (behind the driver's seat). I removed the seat back and was able to free up the seat belt. Seat belt is working fine now but I think I may have caused a code for the air bag when I unplugged the wire to the seat belt. Car did not have a air bag warning prior to this job. Is anyone aware of how to clear the warning from the computer? Thanks for any advice.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by frankiethethumper
Need help! Just bought a 2002 v70. It had a locked up seat belt at the left middle row seat (behind the driver's seat). I removed the seat back and was able to free up the seat belt. Seat belt is working fine now but I think I may have caused a code for the air bag when I unplugged the wire to the seat belt. Car did not have a air bag warning prior to this job. Is anyone aware of how to clear the warning from the computer? Thanks for any advice.

Bad news; It requires specialized software & a special hardware & cable set. Far too expensive to justify buying yourself

Good News; Many independent auto shops have the equipment. I just went through this myself. I had a seat removed and it has a sensor in it. Starting the car with the seat's connector unplugged turned-on the warning you are seeing. The shop who was servicing the brakes a few weeks later had the equipment & turned it off for some small charge that I can't even find on the bill.

Call some local shops & tell them your story. You will find someone to do this for just a few bucks.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 AM

You're right. Just payed 75.00 and had it turned off by a local import shop. Lesson learned I guess. I'm thinking I'll unplug the negative terminal on the battery before I ever unplug a electrical connector anywhere on the car from now on. It sucks though because it took me a couple of days to figure out the seat belt problem, and we needed to drive the car while I had the back seat out to work on it. Thanks for the input.