[2005 XC70] looking for rear right side marker lamp

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [2005 XC70] looking for rear right side marker lamp

tl;dr - I cannot find where to get the rear side marker board with the 4 LEDs on it for my 2005 XC70; does anyone know where I could get this part?

Hi, this is my first post on this site. I got my 2005 XC70 about a year ago and it's a great car. Since then I've become a big fan of Volvo's wagons and eventually I want to get a V70R. But right now I have some problems I need to fix:

For about 9 months now I had this message come up on that puke green display to the left that said "BULB FAILURE POSITION LIGHT", and during those 9 months I could not for the life of me find what light was out on my car. A few days ago I finally found it; it was the 4 side marker LEDs in the lower tail light assembly on the right that weren't coming on.

I google'd around to see what part I needed and on various forums I saw that it was a circuit board that had 4 LEDs on it. I decided to take the lower housing off my car to find the part number for these lights since no one else posted them, but to my surprise there no board of lights in the tail light at all.

I think that the previous owner of this car had the lower right tail light replaced and that light board thing didn't come with the replacement, so they probably forgot to put the old one on the new tail light assembly.

I'm not an electrical know-it-all so I don't want to short that terminal and screw something up, and I need to renew and pass inspection soon so I'm paranoid missing lights might fail it, and google isn't helping me find this part, so I'm posting here for help before I shell out loads of money at a dealership. Thanks in advance for anyone who helps with this.