Replacement Door Shows Open when Shut

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Door Shows Open when Shut

The drivers side rear door got dented on my 2004 Volvo XC70. I found a duplicate replacement door off of a 2006 Volvo XC70 of the same color. I installed the replacement door. It looks great, and works great with one exception. The instrument panel dash warning indicates the door is open when the door is actually shut. Because the car believes the door is still open, even when driving down the road, all the interior lights are on as if the door is open. Not a problem in the daytime, but at night, this causes issues being able to see out the car. So, there must be something different about the 2006 connections, even though everything mates up to the 2004 perfectly. I am looking for tips which might solve this problem. My pursuit has been to attempt to find the pin / wire descriptions which trigger the warning. My belief is that if I had schematics of the door connectors for the rear drivers side door, I could likely jumper two wires together and the warning would never come on again. Of course, this would mean the car would not tell me when the door is open, but the trade off of not being able to see and already having the noise of when the door is open as an indicator, jumpering the signal seems the best route. I have been reviewing the VIDA database, but so far, I have not been able to find the schematics which would indicate specifically which wires are driving the "door open" indication. Any one with thoughts on where I can find this information?

Yes, I have considered taking the light bulbs out of the interior lights so that they don't come on, but that is, to me a last resort since those are necessary when getting into and out of the car at night.