SRS Urgent Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS Urgent Warning Light

This weekend I changed out my heated seat control module under the drivers seat. I initially thought I had to disconnect all the wires under the seat until I realized that I could just change out the module unit on its own. I had disconnected the battery, opened the big clip that holds several plugs, but never un-plugged any individual plugs within that clip, then I changed out the heated seat module by itself. Reclipped the big clip, bolted the seat back down, reconnected the battery, etc. All is well except I have a big fat Warning Light advising SRS Service Urgent? Did I disrupt something? Is there a reset that I'm missing? I dread a trip to the dealer for a loose wire chase. Any input would be appreciated.
Ron, 2004 XC70, 50k miles.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure a SRS connector did not come loose?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Default SRS warning light

Can you describe which one it might be?

Old 04-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Default warning light on.

Originally Posted by pakodogs
This weekend I changed out my heated seat control module under the drivers seat. I initially thought I had to disconnect all the wires under the seat until I realized that I could just change out the module unit on its own. I had disconnected the battery, opened the big clip that holds several plugs, but never un-plugged any individual plugs within that clip, then I changed out the heated seat module by itself. Reclipped the big clip, bolted the seat back down, reconnected the battery, etc. All is well except I have a big fat Warning Light advising SRS Service Urgent? Did I disrupt something? Is there a reset that I'm missing? I dread a trip to the dealer for a loose wire chase. Any input would be appreciated.
Ron, 2004 XC70, 50k miles.

This may sound like a silly question, but when you reconnected battery, was the ignition key in # 2 position, and did you lock and relock doors? just wondering.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Somewhere you've set a code in the SRS system. Only the dealer or someone like me who has the Snap-On Solus scanner can read and clear the code.

You can unhook the battery for 10,000 years, reconnect, and it will be right there again.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:16 PM

I have had a similar issue. 2001 V70 T5. Removed seat, started vehicle and reinstalled seat. I was able to clear one code with my Autel scan tool, but there are 2 more codes set for no signal from drivers and passenger seatbelt buckles. I tested both and found no signal from the Passenger buckle. Replaced the part, retested and good signals from both. Problem is, the codes keep resetting after I clear them. I printed a fault tracing sheet which gave me voltages and pins to test from the CEM (central electronics module). I tested the pins at the CEM that connect to the seatbelt buckles and still have correct values. Still, the SRS urgent message is present and the 2 codes are set. I am not into throwing parts at this car or guessing. All the wires and connections are good, because I am getting correct supply voltage and signal voltage both at the seatbelt sensors and the CEM. I also tested the data signal (CAN) voltage between the CEM and the airbag module. Any advice I have been given so far is everything that I have already tried (if it was a connection related problem, I would not have correct voltage readings at the CEM and the sensors). I have also disconnected the battery and connected the leads for 30 minutes to reset the modules (which is what I was told to do from a Volvo tech). What am I missing?