Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

AVIC-S1 and Sirius One Install With Pics S80

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVIC-S1 and Sirius One Install With Pics S80

So - I wanted to share what I did and how I did it with you guys. I wanted Sirius and Navigation, but didn't want to replace the stock head unit, or use FM modulation, or have wires everywhere. So... here's how I did it...

Sirius - I used the Sirius One SVI unit. As you can see, it fits right in the small compartment right by the radio. I drilled a small hole in the back of the compartment and ran the power, audio and antenna cables through. The power cable is wired into a 12V aux line. The antenna is running under the runners to the magnetic mount antenna on the roof. I ran this in between the weatherstripping so no wires show anywhere.

Sirius Audio - Now for the good part. I mentioned above that I ran the audio cable to the Sirius One. This audio cable is the 3.5mm stereo (which plugs into theSirius unit)to RCA left/right pair (which plugs into a ground loop isolotor, to eliminate noise). This then plugs into the PA11-VOL aux input. The PA11-VOL is an ipod and aux inputer converter... I only used the aux input as I didn't need the ipod. The PA11-VOL then plugs into the CD changer port of the stereo. Voila - the stereo now sees the Sirius One as Disc 6 track 1 of the CD changer... Great sound, no FM modulator.

AVIC-S1... Since Volvo uses that spot for factory Navigation, I figured I would do the same. I drlled a hole through the speaker grill then used a rubber grommet so the hole wouldn't look like crap. I then wired the power cord into a 12v aux lead, and ran it through the grommet. I then used the bracked that actually came with the Sirius One, bent it a little, added a limb, and attached it to the AVIC-SI and mounted it on the speaker grill. I can still pop the AVIC-S1 right out if I need to, and the power cord and cradle stay right on the dash. It works perfect...

All in all, a clean factory like install, with Navigation and Sirius. One modification I may do in the future is actually use the speaker grill insert that Volvo uses for their nav units... But for now it looks pretty sweet...

Old 01-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Default RE: AVIC-S1 and Sirius One Install With Pics S80

nice work!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:39 PM

By the way...which GPS unit did you end up with? Obviously it's a Pioneer but whats the modle number on it?

Old 01-16-2007, 07:49 PM

AVIC-S1

Old 01-16-2007, 09:20 PM

OMG.....serious, it's the flippin' title of the post.....