Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Modifying NAVI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying NAVI?

I just bought a used '04 XC90 T6 (transmission still fine, for now).. We thought it just didn't have a navigation disc when we bought it, but brought it home to realize that the navi drive is bad. Has anyone had any luck with an aftermarket still utilizing the receiver and screen? Volvo wants $2000 for a replacement "drive" because according to all of the Volvo dealers about, you need to replace the whole system. It's a $50 DVD drive component that's bad, I'm not going to eat $2000...that's absurd. Any ideas on what else might work?

-N.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

an aftermarket nav system, chances are it would be several times better than a stock nav system, plus have more options and features, plus it will cost you about 1/3 the price of fixing it, and you'll get a warranty, so if it breaks, you won't have to spend 2000 dollars to fix it.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuassEE
I just bought a used '04 XC90 T6 (transmission still fine, for now).. We thought it just didn't have a navigation disc when we bought it, but brought it home to realize that the navi drive is bad. Has anyone had any luck with an aftermarket still utilizing the receiver and screen? Volvo wants $2000 for a replacement "drive" because according to all of the Volvo dealers about, you need to replace the whole system. It's a $50 DVD drive component that's bad, I'm not going to eat $2000...that's absurd. Any ideas on what else might work?

-N.
Try look on www.volvostyling.dk, they have even with touch functions.. Very cool shop!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:47 PM

The company I work for is bringing in a full touch screen kit as well as a replacement Nav kit. Check them out www.directusnav.com. We release it at SEMA. Call tech support and I'm sure they can assist you when these are available. A nav unit to plug into your older screen would be around $800 and has many more features than the factory unit.We use NavnGo,Igo8 software and is one of the best mapping engines out there.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by audioman11
The company I work for is bringing in a full touch screen kit as well as a replacement Nav kit. Check them out www.directusnav.com. We release it at SEMA. Call tech support and I'm sure they can assist you when these are available. A nav unit to plug into your older screen would be around $800 and has many more features than the factory unit.We use NavnGo,Igo8 software and is one of the best mapping engines out there.

I'm very happy for the pop-up touch screen with Garmin GNV-53 that a bourgt at volvostyling.dk.. and the price was only approx. 1500$

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by DK_xc90
I'm very happy for the pop-up touch screen with Garmin GNV-53 that a bourgt at volvostyling.dk.. and the price was only approx. 1500$
DK xc90

The piece you purchased is a good piece. The Directus piece is much different and has a lot more features and upgradeable options.

The unit from Directus has navigation, back up camera input, A/V input, USB Input, media player and internet browser. It also has many more features that can be added later. With some phones and the Bluetooth option you can do voice commands on phone dialing as well as download your phones contacts.

Again, I'm not trying to disparage your setup, it's a good piece. This unit just has more features and technology.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuassEE

-N.
If you can take some pictures of the back of you nav screen, I think I can get you a new nav box that'll work with your unit. The grille on the navi pops straight off and four screws holds the unit in place. Once you remove them, take a picture of the back of the unit and I'll let you know if our unit will work in your case. If so, I can get you a whole new navi, with more features for about 799.00 or if you tell me the city you live in, I can direct you to one of our installation centers.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:12 AM

Have you looked at www.volvostyling.dk under navi for XC90? They also have some multimedia modules so that you can attach an oem system to the exsisting monitor