Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Long term warranty coverage

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Long term warranty coverage

Hello,

When I boght my S60 last spring (2017) I also acquired a long term warranty coverage (10 years). I had a 4 year warranty on my previous C30 which turned out to be a good investment.

You never get to read all the details when signing up for the warranty and was very dispointed when I got home and read that in case of misfunction towing was limited to 200 km. It used to be to the nearest Vovlo repair dealer, regardeless of how far it was. Living more than 200 km from my dealer, the warranty coverage has lost most of its interest.

My dealer canceled the warranty in the prescribed time for me to have a complete reembursment but since the warranty was part of my deal and reason for buying a Volvo they are presumably working on a solution to the 200 km limit.

Did anybody else notice the change in the warranty coverage? Volvo signed with a new company in January 2016 for the warranty coverage and this is when it changed. Strangely, dealers don't seem to be aware of it. I was the one to bring it up when I bought the S60 and other dealers I have talked to about it are also unaware. Don't they read the contracts??? Being that Volvo publicizes it's freedom of spirit for travelling long distances, wouldn't the unlimitted km to the nearest Volvo garage be important?

thoughts...

Isabel