Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Volvo Mechanics in the GTA

  #1  
Old 12-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13
Default Volvo Mechanics in the GTA

Hi there,

I was wondering whether there are any good Volvo Mechanics (non volvo dealerships) in the GTA area. I don't want to get ripped off at the dealership.

Thank you.
 
  #2  
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
Default RE: Volvo Mechanics in the GTA

I don't know where you are in the GTA but if you are in the west I have been taking my Volvo to APPCO, The Volvo Doctor, 905-689-4155. Thomas is located north of Hamilton on Highway 6

 
  #3  
Old 01-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location:
Posts: 452
Default RE: Volvo Mechanics in the GTA

there is a place called "Volvo Guys" somewhere near weston rd and lawrence area, i think you can 411 them

i think there is another place called Euro auto that deals with german/sweedish imports
 
  #4  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
bestharry's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 455
Default

Contact Louis OR Speros at 'Volvo Guys' @ 416-538-6596 but they are only used parts people and carry some routine new items like brake rotors/pads etc.

I have been to KWL auto few times and I find him quite reasonable. Wayne - the owner/mechanic is a ex-volvo with over 20 years experience. His address is 1405 Bloor st. W (st Dundas) and is reachable at 416-588-6586.

I am in the east end and please feel free to get intouch for any help that I can provide. My cell is 647-887-4284

Harry
 
  #5  
Old 02-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by bestharry View Post
Contact Louis OR Speros at 'Volvo Guys' @ 416-538-6596 but they are only used parts people and carry some routine new items like brake rotors/pads etc.

I have been to KWL auto few times and I find him quite reasonable. Wayne - the owner/mechanic is a ex-volvo with over 20 years experience. His address is 1405 Bloor st. W (st Dundas) and is reachable at 416-588-6586.

I am in the east end and please feel free to get intouch for any help that I can provide. My cell is 647-887-4284

Harry
I been to "Volvo Guys" few times to buy stuff for Volvo that I can't find at Canadian Tire. Their price is reasonable compared to dealer.

I know a shop owner at "1 Four O Nine Inc", address is 1407 Bloor St (right beside KWL) and routine there to do work on my car 'for free' - actually I do the stuff and he just show me how to do it and use his equipment. He currently own a Sab + his wife drive a Volvo and he has all necessary equipment to diagnostic and fix Honda/Toyota/BMW/Sab/Volvo/Audi.... Once in a while I stop over there to have a few beers with the guy and sometimes I see the mechanic from KWL came over and ask him for advice. The guy name is Le and he has over 25 years of experience - his price is very reasonable. His shop's phone # is 416-534-5677
 

Last edited by PHIL_V70_GLT; 02-03-2009 at 12:27 AM.
  #6  
Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 AM
bestharry's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 455
Default

That sounds nice Phil. I will visit him next time I am in that area OR if something is needed to be done on my car. I am planning to replace both front wheel bearings on my sedan for now. I will probably get the parts from Volvo Guys and replace them myself. How about meeting there during one of your visit? just let me know when you are planning to go there and i will try to be there at the same time - just a proposal.
 
  #7  
Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by bestharry View Post
That sounds nice Phil. I will visit him next time I am in that area OR if something is needed to be done on my car. I am planning to replace both front wheel bearings on my sedan for now. I will probably get the parts from Volvo Guys and replace them myself. How about meeting there during one of your visit? just let me know when you are planning to go there and i will try to be there at the same time - just a proposal.

Hi bestharry,

That's sound great. Since I only owned the car a little over 2 months so basically I know next to nothing about fixing it (too much sensors/electrical compared to my previous car). I would like to know some other Volvo owner around GTA so we can share ideas.

I normally 'visit' the guy on Saturday at the end of each month (or first Saturday of the new month) to do oil change and some minor maitenance (ex: blow clean the air filter (if not need to replace); check other fluid level and any leak). I usually there around 7pm to ensure that he is not busy and there is a lifter is available (he close at 9pm).

I will give you a shout near the end of this month.
 
  #8  
Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Default

There is a shop on the Mississauga/Oakville border that is well worth the drive to.
Aktive Motors now has an in-house Volvo Master tech and is run by a Swede to boot.
Customers come from as far away as Sarnia and Sudbury to have their cars serviced there and I wouldn't take mine anywhere else.
 
  #9  
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Switch European Auto in Bradford. Ask for Paul. 905-775-4237
 
  #10  
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Hi : I am trying to buy a Volvo S80 2000 with 129 km. its privte sale and asking for 4000. but the ABC is not functioning, engine light is on and STC light is on. If anybody can tell me weather its worthed to buy or not ? and where i can a find expert ( NOT DEALER ) to fix if i bought the car ? is it major problems ? A NEED A VERY QUICK RESPOND PLEAS.
 
  #11  
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 AM
bestharry's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 455
Default

Hi Karim, I would not suggest you buying a car with that many problem indicators on specially if you are not very familiar with source of these lights and quirks, This also reflects some neglegence by the previous owner and will not feel comfortable to buy somthgin like this as a primary driver or family car. Will be happy to take it in as a project car and to climb the learning curve. Places metioned above have fair expertise and experience to fix these isssues without much hastle and at a comparatively cheaper price as compared to 'Stealerships'.
 
  #12  
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Hi bestharry,

Sorry, this is completely off topic but I happened to come across your post on ABS modules when I was googling. I get intermittent connection from my ABS module and I was told that my ABS module needs to be replaced. I read that you can fix these modules. I have 99 Audi A6 which uses Bosch 5.3 I believe. Would you be able to fix this as well? I live in Toronto. I'd greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks!

James
 
  #13  
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Default Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo

Anybody know any good services in Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo area?
TIA


Pedro
V70T5
 
  #14  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 114
Default

Im located in East York near Scraborough, On and can provide basic mechanic services on the volvos
Brakes, Pcv, tune ups, starters, timing belts, waterpumps
just pm me or you can txt or call 647-893-6023
 
  #15  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: toronto
Posts: 13
Default Volvo specialist in Mississauga , Ontario

Hi I'm a new owner of an 07 XC90. I found a volvo specialist here in Mississauga called Carus auto repair.

http://carusauto.ca/index.html
Phone #: (905)712-3700 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (905)712-3700 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
E-mail: E-mail: [email protected]


I've have completed a 60K service with them using OEM volvo parts . Service and Price are good and reasonable. they are mechanics from volvo dealers.

cheers
 
  #16  
Old 04-17-2010, 12:07 AM
e-volve88's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11
Default

Hey just thought Id send a shout out to all fellow GTA volvo drivers,
From the looks of it you've basically covered any specialist I would have recomended,
but thought I'd let myself be known anyway!
 
  #17  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Default Volvo Mechanics

There is a Volvo specialist, Auto Service Plus, at 865 Richmond Street West, Toronto. Anybody had experience with this garage?
 
  #18  
Old 03-24-2011, 10:58 PM
cdnbluez's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 58
Default

Call Brian @ Brindle Volvo 416-656-2179. Repairs ONLY Volvos. Follow the link to a write-up on him in the Wheels section in the Star.

If the warranty runs out, who ya gonna call? | Wheels.ca
 
  #19  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by volvo174 View Post
There is a Volvo specialist, Auto Service Plus, at 865 Richmond Street West, Toronto. Anybody had experience with this garage?
yes. it's a one-man show. incredible knowledge, quality, and care. 30 years working on volvos. great pricing, and offers used parts. he's one of the best. ask any Auto Service Plus customer and you'll get the same answer.
 
  #20  
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Pej
Pej is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, Ont.
Posts: 95
Default sounds pretty cool

Originally Posted by PHIL_V70_GLT View Post
Hi bestharry,

That's sound great. Since I only owned the car a little over 2 months so basically I know next to nothing about fixing it (too much sensors/electrical compared to my previous car). I would like to know some other Volvo owner around GTA so we can share ideas.

I normally 'visit' the guy on Saturday at the end of each month (or first Saturday of the new month) to do oil change and some minor maitenance (ex: blow clean the air filter (if not need to replace); check other fluid level and any leak). I usually there around 7pm to ensure that he is not busy and there is a lifter is available (he close at 9pm).

I will give you a shout near the end of this month.
I like this idea and would like to join you guys with a sixpack of beer and some volvo talk/repairs. Have you guys ended up meeting up there at this gentleman's shop(1407 bloor?) Let me know I live 10 minutes from there.

Best
Pej
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Volvo Mechanics in the GTA


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.