Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

BEST WAX FOR CARS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST WAX FOR CARS!

guys, thorw out that crappy mother wax and there products, burn that Extramly crapy Arom-rall that leave the greasy"mexican" look on you dash... everyone use only Meguires!!! i just use there Clay kit and NTX 2.0 tech wax... omg!!! this paint is better than when it left the factory!! no joke, i have to up load some pis.... Meguires is the best, ur you dont agree. ur lying to yourself!!!!!!!! i want to make long passinate love with magires!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!1

Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: BEST WAX FOR CARS!

ZAINOS is pretty damn good.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: hunterratliff
i want to make long passinate love with magires!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!1

Well...at least the water will bead on you so nothing should stick! If you do make love to it, maybe you should get her name right!! It's Meguiar's. And I don't know you well enough to use the "L" word, sorry.

But I've been thinking of trying NXT Generation. Been using Zymol and not love that tho.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:38 AM

okok lets say im married to zanos......i would cheat on zanos with meguires!!!!! i would !! if u have zanos or any turtal wax.... walk out to ur drive way and kick that wax n the streets while yelling "i dont love you anymore, oh and ive been cheating on you!!!! with your competitor"!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: hunterratliff

okok lets say im married to zanos......i would cheat on zanos with meguires!!!!! i would !! if u have zanos or any turtal wax.... walk out to ur drive way and kick that wax n the streets while yelling "i dont love you anymore, oh and ive been cheating on you!!!! with your competitor"!!!
HAHA you are to funny.
[sm=roll.gif]

Old 12-30-2008, 10:30 PM

Want to make the Meguiars really ROCK...follow up with some Ultimate Quick Detailer...

Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 AM

yeh I use meguires too, the interior leather conditioner wipes really bring the slip back to the seats lol. Plus there stuff smells good too lol..

Old 12-31-2008, 08:01 AM

Meguires is good, but I came across "Liquid Glass" about a month ago at a car show in Palm Beach. I have seen it at the parts stores for longest and decided to try it. It's actually just as glossy as Meguires products but seals the paint. It's also 22 bucks for 22 ounces but well worth the money! Pinnacle also makes a great wax too! Not cheap but also great stuff!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:24 PM

I've seen liquid glass but I have thought it was for the windows and windshield only.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 PM

oh no.... It is a paint sealer. Once you do the initial seal of the paint. you can reapply a few times a year. The cool thing is that my 850 shines like if I had just waxed. It is really good stuff! I use it on my Motorcycle. It's a great alternative to wax. It's also simple to use. You apply it like a regular wax and in 5 minutes just rub off.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Alright...here is my bit of info to this...

First, no matter what wax you use if the surface you are applying it to isn't FLAT there is no way for the surface to 'reflect' light.thus why oxidized paint looks DULL...

So, before you wax the surface must be thoroughly prepared...
1. Wash the car...use Dawn or other Strong Detergent. and Really wash the car. Spray with Plenty of water first, and apply lots of suds and soapy warm water...do not spread the MUD around, be CLEAN and keep it CLEAN making sure not to scratch the surface.

2. Rinse thoroughly, use pressure, and then warm water to get all the soap off the surface

3. Dry it use the super absorbent towels, and make sure they are CLEAN

4 go purchase 2 packages of Sandpaper and a sanding block... Yes SANDPAPER 2000 and 3000 grit... you may have to go to an automotive paint supplier or good Auto store...BUT NO 800 and 1000!!!

5. Get 2 spray bottles fill one with plain water fill the other with 2 tablespoons of liquid laundry detergent... and 2 bucket of clean warm water...a rolll of painters masking tape and a small squege for applying window tint or smaller

6. Mount the 2000 grit sandpaper on the block and submerge it in the warm clear water for at least 15 mins

7. On the hood of the car make a giant + all the way across and vertical on the hood with the tape...making quadrants

8. spray one quadrant with the soapy water solution be liberal...then take the 2000 grit sandpaper and go in vertical stripes back and forth (no circles, no zig zags) straight up and back a few times keeping the surface lubed up with the soapy water, if you ever hear anything, like the surface being scratched...dip the sandpaper in the first bucket let it soak for a sec, then rinse it in the second bucket...and spray it off with water... then Spray clear water on the hood where you heard the noise, and squeege it...then reapply soapy water solution make sure you are getting the surface FLAT take your time you are pressing lightly to remove surface imperfections NOT SANDING DOWN TO BARE METAL just flatten the surface you will see it as the 'ripples' come out pay attention and LOOK do not just blindly folllow the directions, look at what you are doing. The results are incredible...Once you have one qudrant done do the same thing with 3000 grit... remove one section of tape and proceed to do the next quadrant, making sure to overlap slightly..so there is nothing undone...

9 once the hood is sanded go get some 3m rubbing compound and some Meguiars show car glaze and some NXT2.0 WAX and some ultimate quick detailer...and a new foam buffing pat...

10. Use the 3M rubbing compound set the buffer at about 1800 and let it rip, all of a sudden the surface will start to shine like a mirror...keep going until the surface shines...then use a clean microfiber towel to wipe it down...the shine will be awesome, but you aren't done yet...

11. Apply the NXT2.0 by hand pressing it into the paint not a big quantity, just make sure you cover it all... move to the next panel...same process... once the next panel is done go wipe off the wax on the firts panel... keep going...

Once the car is done and shining ...then go with a new microfiber towel and apply the Ultimate Quick Detailer...

I did this to my car...it took almost 14 hours...Was it worth it? This is ORIGINAL PAINT...
Name:  Pic8.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  286.6 KB

Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 AM

[sm=jawdrop.gif]Very nicely written...

Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Default Adrenaline 540

Ad540, you know when your at a party , and there is always that one guy that gets to technical with things and invest to much though into a simple problem? tho's are called "buzz kills" and that my good sir, was a massive "buzz kill" . here, shut up and drink this Everclear followed by this White Russian.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:26 PM

To be honest, that was written for someone who may not necessarily have a clue on properly detailing a car or getting thru the clear, etc....For all intents and purposes it was well written!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:25 AM

Being a forum and all, everyone's going to have a different fave.
I've been through the Zymol phase, it worked great, Meg's is very good as well, but the best so far for me is best of show wax by Griots.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 PM

I too agree that Griots makes great Stuff!