Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Worn Foam Polishing Pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worn Foam Polishing Pads

Just to spark some conversation, I wonder when everyone decides to get rid of a foam compounding or polishing pad.

Do you use it once and toss it?

Do you wash it frequently or just dump it when it's filthy?

Personally, I am very careful to not chip them or rough them up so the foam structure stays consistent. I have pads that have lasted for many, many uses.

I either towel or brush to clean. I rarely wash them or even get them wet.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean, supple pads produce smooth, glossy paint. If your polishing pads are in great shape, your paint finish will show it. Pinnacle XMT Series offers you the best products to date for maintaining your foam and wool pads.

XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner and XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner are two of the only products on the market to address the condition of the pads in order to get the best end result on the vehicle. Your results will only be as good as the tools you’re using, so these products ensure your foam and wool pads are performing at their peak.

You can try both products at a special price in the XMT Pad Care Combo. Get your hands on this valuable kit and instantly improve the performance and longevity of your polishing pads!

The XMT Pad Care Combo includes:

12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner
Prevention of dry buffing is as easy as misting an unused pad with Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner. It only takes a couple of spritzes to prep the pad for polishing. The rich lubricants instantly penetrate the pad, softening and conditioning the material. Even if the pad has never been used, it will glide across the paint like you’re halfway through the detail session.

12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner
Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner contains a degreasing agent that breaks up oil and eliminates every last trace of residue. Soap (as in dish soap) can leave a residue of its own, so there is no soap in this cleaner. Intense cleaners and degreasers break up oily deposits left by car care products so the pad rinses completely clean. This pad cleaner is ready to use in a convenient pump spray bottle.

To ensure detailing success, follow these simple tips:
1. Moisten a dry foam pad with XMT Pad Conditioner before polishing your vehicle with it. Pre-moistening the pad eliminates the initial friction of a fresh pad, so the pad is less likely to tear or fray.
2. Let the weight of the polisher work for you. There’s no need to press down on the polisher. It may actually cause the pad to separate from the hook & loop backing.
3. Take notice of the condition of the pad as you polish. If it seems gummed up, use a spurring tool, like the Duo Spur, to work the product out of the foam.
4. When you switch pads, take a minute to spray the used pad generously with XMT Pad Cleaner and toss it into a bucket of water. Washing pads as you work will prevent products from drying within the foam.

Now start polishing - and don’t forget to use your Pinnacle XMT Pad Care Combo to get the most out of your foam and wool pads!