Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

srs light

Old 06-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Default srs light

I have a Volvo 850s automatic 1994 and I need to remove the srs light. Can anyone advise please.

Old 06-18-2019, 05:06 PM

the light is telling you one of the airbags or sensors is not working. Check out Volvotips.com to see if the service manual shows how to use the diagnostics LED to read the fault codes for the SRS system. Or are you asking how to remove the bulb from the instrument cluster? To remove the cluster you need to undo about 7 screws holding the dash cover down (including one or two hiding in the vents) then pry up the cover on the driver's side. the cluster unclips then you need to undo the cables before lifting out the entire unit. Search online for vids or write ups on repairing the odometer to see how to access the cluster. Same thing as replacing burn out back light and warning bulbs which pop into the back.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:22 PM

Yes I wish to remove the bulb. I will give it a go thank you for your help

Originally Posted by mt6127 View Post
the light is telling you one of the airbags or sensors is not working. Check out Volvotips.com to see if the service manual shows how to use the diagnostics LED to read the fault codes for the SRS system. Or are you asking how to remove the bulb from the instrument cluster? To remove the cluster you need to undo about 7 screws holding the dash cover down (including one or two hiding in the vents) then pry up the cover on the driver's side. the cluster unclips then you need to undo the cables before lifting out the entire unit. Search online for vids or write ups on repairing the odometer to see how to access the cluster. Same thing as replacing burn out back light and warning bulbs which pop into the back.