Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the forums here.

Transmission Problem Volvo S60 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Transmission Problem Volvo S60 Problems

Just a warning my gramer is pretty bad so please bear with me. So ive been having problems with my transmission on my volvo. Its A 2006 S60 2.5L T. Its been a'lot of fun to drive for my first car but after I crashed it in November its still ran pretty good. When I would put it in 'D'rive always in a once and a while from 1st to 2nd gear the Transmission would slam really hard. After that I would only drive it in manual. It would still do this but not as hard. After while it kept getting worse and worse and started to do it from 2nd to 3rd. But I could still drive it and it would be manageable or most of the time it wouldn't do it. untill this weekend. I was on the highway and it was backed up and I pasted the firetruck and traffic started to pick up some I put it into 2nd from 1st and there was a massive slam. This some what conserned me then I shifted from 2nd to 3rd there was another slam. After this I put it into 4th and it shifted smoothly. I got off the highway as soon a possible and since I was on a different street I had to go slower so I shifted down from 4th into what i thought was 3rd but the Dash displaced 2nd but from where my RPM's were at I knew I was in 3rd. I found a place to park sat there for a while turned my car back on and everything was normal but then I had the Transmission Service Required on the dash. Once I got home I checked the transmission fluid and it was a dark brown and smelt burnt. Ive been talking to a few people about and ive gotten a bunch of deffrent answers. The One thing im forsher doing is changing the transmission fluid but im not flushing it. I would like to fix my car since its my first car and other from the transmission it a pretty good car. Has anyone else had these problems with there tranmission? or any adivce? Im a broke teen just trying to fix my car but im a smart kid and might try to fix it my self to save some money or atleast do as much as i can my self. Also I do have all the error codes and the main on was a 00f2.