General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

2000 Volvo S70

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Volvo S70

Hello everyone-

I am new to all of this- my name is Ryan. I just bought a 2000 Volvo S70 for a ridiculous price ($800)- and yes, it runs...barely!

I am not mechanically inclined, but my father is. Long story short, I bought this car in hopes of having a father-son project to work on to spend some time together as he has been diagnosed with stomach/esophageal cancer and it is inoperable. I know it does not look good for him, and we have not always been close, but I would like to have something tied to him that gives me good memories.

He is going through some procedures currently, and has told me to get the parts together. My first question-- we are having to replace the O2 sensor-this car has 2, which one is the one needing to be replaced? The front correct? I am trying not to pester him as little as I can right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I took the car when I first bought it to Advanced where the hooked it up to their diagnostic tool. The car had the ETS light on, Service and Check Engine Light on. Before he hooked the tool up, the car was having trouble going up an incline of any decent grade and when going from idle to acceleration, it would climb from 0-10 in the timeframe a normal car would climb from 0-40/50. After he hooked up the tool and I pulled out of the parking lot, the car drove up hills, through town, on the highway, etc. like a champ! Then, after I turned the car off at the post office and turned it back on- it went back to square one. What does this sound like to you all?

Thanks for everything!