General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

2007 S40 Speakers Stopped Working/Then Started Working again

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 S40 Speakers Stopped Working/Then Started Working again

Ok one day I was driving to work in my 2007 S40 and I have volume up on the stereo then the speakers stopped working. The stereo worked fine but I wasnt getting any sound from the speakers. So I get to work and sit down in my office, thinking about my speakers not working, I went back out to my car to find out the problem. When I got in the car the speakers worked fine again. I have the dyno audio speakers and i thought they were the best. Now Im wondering since I had my volume up did they stop working because it was too high. I also would like to add that with my stereo I cant play it at maximum volume because it seems like the speakers will blow. I find that interesting because the stereo and speakers are factory and it seems why would Volvo put such power in a stereo when the speakers cant even handle it. Does anyone know why my speakers stopped working for like a hour, and then when I turn the car off and come back 20 mins later, they are working fine again? Do I have to worry about this happening again? Oh by the way I have the premium audio system from Dyno audio with the 6 disc cd changer. Thanks

Old 06-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It most likely has codes in it that will point to a faulty module, I believe the audio module or amp, which may be in the trunk on this model on the left side. I usually try software first.

The following users liked this post:
Rj8806 (01-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Default What do you mean?

Originally Posted by SVTfocusO3
It most likely has codes in it that will point to a faulty module, I believe the audio module or amp, which may be in the trunk on this model on the left side. I usually try software first.

What do you mean? I don't understand can you please explain

Old 12-18-2016, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by DaveDog2010
Ok one day I was driving to work in my 2007 S40 and I have volume up on the stereo then the speakers stopped working. The stereo worked fine but I wasnt getting any sound from the speakers. So I get to work and sit down in my office, thinking about my speakers not working, I went back out to my car to find out the problem. When I got in the car the speakers worked fine again. I have the dyno audio speakers and i thought they were the best. Now Im wondering since I had my volume up did they stop working because it was too high. I also would like to add that with my stereo I cant play it at maximum volume because it seems like the speakers will blow. I find that interesting because the stereo and speakers are factory and it seems why would Volvo put such power in a stereo when the speakers cant even handle it. Does anyone know why my speakers stopped working for like a hour, and then when I turn the car off and come back 20 mins later, they are working fine again? Do I have to worry about this happening again? Oh by the way I have the premium audio system from Dyno audio with the 6 disc cd changer. Thanks
What did it end up being if I may ask!? Mine just started that issue today, they are back on now but I want this fixed before it's permanent!!

Old 05-17-2021, 09:00 AM

I was also told this, that it’s probably a software upgrade. Question is where do you get one? Solely a Volvo dealer?