General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

2016 XC70 - Radio reception issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 XC70 - Radio reception issue

Hey all. Got me a brand new XC70 last December (one of the few left), and I love the car. One problem: I live in Houston Texas, and my favorite station is KUHF - Public Radio (what else for a Volvo driver?!) and reception is terrible. When I go 28+ miles from central Houston, I am losing the station. In all previous vehicles, I went 50+ miles before reception got flaky. I tested other channels and note they are a bit sketchy as well, so it's not because KUHF is operating at reduced power.

Heaven knows where the actual antenna is these days - I think it's printed on the windshield. Anyone have any ideas about the cause / solution for this problem? Have not been to the dealer yet - they'll probably say it's fine and brush me off.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Guvnor
Hey all. Got me a brand new XC70 last December (one of the few left), and I love the car. One problem: I live in Houston Texas, and my favorite station is KUHF - Public Radio (what else for a Volvo driver?!) and reception is terrible. When I go 28+ miles from central Houston, I am losing the station. In all previous vehicles, I went 50+ miles before reception got flaky. I tested other channels and note they are a bit sketchy as well, so it's not because KUHF is operating at reduced power.

Heaven knows where the actual antenna is these days - I think it's printed on the windshield. Anyone have any ideas about the cause / solution for this problem? Have not been to the dealer yet - they'll probably say it's fine and brush me off.
I apologize that I know nothing of the Radio reception in your new 2016 XC70, but would love hear of how you like the car as I am thinking of getting one before they phase them out in favor of the new V90 station wagon($$$$$$). Then I might be able in helping you in regard to the radio issue you have!

Do you have the platinum with everything; even the laser speed control?

Appreciate some input as this Volvo Forum lacks any information on >2013 XC70 models.

Thank you..

Cheers....

Old 02-21-2017, 07:40 AM

Good luck on finding a new XC70 - are there any left on the lots? My car is a "Premier" edition, so I don't have the speed control, auto-parking or other fancy features, which I'm kind of happy about. I love the vehicle - it's got a lot more space than most SUV's, it has a luxury ambience and I love the 2.0t engine - it gives great economy, or it will haul **** when needed. So far, so good. Now, if I could just listen to the radio on my way to work..... (I've got Sirius, but don't use it, and won't be paying for it when my free subscription is up).

Old 02-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Thank you Guvnor...There's one in Phoenix, AZ but $$$$$!!. Might look into getting a used 2016. I would like to have the Platinum as they come with the CC distance slow/stop; just like the Eyesight of the Subaru Outback but Volvo I understand uses Laser sensing at the front grille while Subaru uses photo sensing in front of the rear view mirrors.

cheers...