General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

2022 XC60 Recharge is locked and won't open or start

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2022 XC60 Recharge is locked and won't open or start

Got a brand new 2022 XC60 Recharge a few weeks ago. It was a great driving experience and the minor Google issues didn't bother me much.

I plugged in the car to charge as I always do last night. Today morning it wouldn't unlock - I used both keys and I used the app. The car wouldn't respond at all. Finally I used the fob to enter but the car kept sounding the siren and refused to recognize the entry or turn on. The car is basically bricked and useless.

I called Volvo oncall and they were not very helpful - first they sent roadside assistance to jumpstart the battery even though I mentioned that shouldn't be the problem. Now they will tow it, but the dealership isn't aware they're getting the car and being equally unhelpful.

I'm quite frustrated - this should absolutely not happen to a new car. A new luxury car not unlocking or starting is pretty crazy. I remember coming across a thread in this forum a few months before I purchased this, with owners having this same issue. I can't find the thread anymore, but I'm really bummed out this is happening and I'm car less right now.

Old 05-23-2023, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar happening to me today, won’t unlock, won’t start

Originally Posted by sakshambhatla
Got a brand new 2022 XC60 Recharge a few weeks ago. It was a great driving experience and the minor Google issues didn't bother me much.

I plugged in the car to charge as I always do last night. Today morning it wouldn't unlock - I used both keys and I used the app. The car wouldn't respond at all. Finally I used the fob to enter but the car kept sounding the siren and refused to recognize the entry or turn on. The car is basically bricked and useless.

I called Volvo oncall and they were not very helpful - first they sent roadside assistance to jumpstart the battery even though I mentioned that shouldn't be the problem. Now they will tow it, but the dealership isn't aware they're getting the car and being equally unhelpful.

I'm quite frustrated - this should absolutely not happen to a new car. A new luxury car not unlocking or starting is pretty crazy. I remember coming across a thread in this forum a few months before I purchased this, with owners having this same issue. I can't find the thread anymore, but I'm really bummed out this is happening and I'm car less right now.
hi, what was the outcome for you? Was it the battery, or software or ?? I am having same issues today with my 2022 xc60 b6. It won’t unlock, sense keys, start or anything!!! I don’t think it’s the battery why would it just die all of a sudden. The app can’t locate vehicle etc.