General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

C30 2010 - Headlamp/DRL Issue

Old 02-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy C30 2010 - Headlamp/DRL Issue

Hi all fellow petrol heads,

I have a bit of an issue with my C30 2010 model. She is due an MOT next month and I've been driving around with a faulty passenger headlamp bulb for the past few months!! Only - I have installed several working bulbs, and NADA. The mechanics at the garage are puzzled, and I've not managed to find any answers online. Diagnostics are my final straw, after seeking your help and advice, anyway!

To begin with, bulbs would blow every other week, then eventually no bulbs would work at all! I have the generic warning message on my dash every time I start her.

Advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jessica

Old 02-14-2015, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jessica.Lily
Hi all fellow petrol heads,

I have a bit of an issue with my C30 2010 model. She is due an MOT next month and I've been driving around with a faulty passenger headlamp bulb for the past few months!! Only - I have installed several working bulbs, and NADA. The mechanics at the garage are puzzled, and I've not managed to find any answers online. Diagnostics are my final straw, after seeking your help and advice, anyway!

To begin with, bulbs would blow every other week, then eventually no bulbs would work at all! I have the generic warning message on my dash every time I start her.

Advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jessica
First step. Check the connector, make sure there isn't corrosion and melted and burn out. Has this car been in an accident? One way to really find out is to scan it with vida and find out what the root cause is. I had a case where the CEM was faulty, but there was a reason why it went bad. Long story. :P Good luck.