General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Flip-out Keyfob Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flip-out Keyfob Problems

Okay, I've seen all the posts about keyfob reprogramming, RFID chip in the key etc. My problem however, is the ONLY key that my wife and I got with the 2004 V70 we just bought is the flip-out keyfob setup (switchblade style). The thing is broken...flips out and locks into place, but won't stay "closed". This makes the whole contraption kinda like carrying a cell phone with a telescoping antenna (extended) in your pocket. It might impress the ladies, but not very comfortable. Has anyone else run into this and figured out how the latch mechanisim works? Or, at least, some ideas?

Old 09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Flip-out Keyfob Problems

Sorry I havent ever taken one apart waiting for a donor one to take apart.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:52 PM

I fix Volvo switchblade keys. Also referred to as a volvo flip key. When the broken key will not extend or retract, I replace the inner workings. Repair parts are unavailable through Volvo and a replacement key is very expensive. Key replacement and reprogramming is expensive. The "chip", embedded within, is matched to your car. A replacement or used key with a different "chip", won't work. It won't start your car! The key (chip) itself can't be "reprogrammed"! I can save you the hundreds of dollars that the dealer route would cost. Your key will be restored to original factory operation, with your original "chip" within, at a small fraction of the cost. 24 hour turnaround with priority mail. Professionally done. Guaranteed
Contact Tony at amp1117@yahoo.com

Last edited by tpsells; 08-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by tpsells
I fix Volvo switchblade keys. Also referred to as a volvo flip key. When the broken key will not extend or retract, I replace the inner workings. Repair parts are unavailable through Volvo and a replacement key is very expensive. Key replacement and reprogramming is expensive. The "chip", embedded within, is matched to your car. A replacement or used key with a different "chip", won't work. It won't start your car! The key (chip) itself can't be "reprogrammed"! I can save you the hundreds of dollars that the dealer route would cost. Your key will be restored to original factory operation, with your original "chip" within, at a small fraction of the cost. 24 hour turnaround with priority mail. Professionally done. Guaranteed
Contact Tony at amp1117@yahoo.com
I also restore broken, or inoperative, remote entry fobs. Waterlogged?, no problem!