General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

How Do I Open VADIS Software?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do I Open VADIS Software?

Okay, so I downloaded the VADIS software but how do I open it? I had to load something called Utorrent do get the download to work. It took 12 hours, but it's there. The file is VADIS_volvo.3512164.TPB.torrent. I get an error message when I try to open it asks what program created it? I try selecting the Utorrent program but it opens some funky screen. How the hell do I open this thing?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 PM

can you take a screen shot when you open it? Do you know if the file was a Zip file or a rar file? Once you download it, it should just download on your computer like any file and open up.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM

I figured out that I had to burn the VADIS software to a DVD, now it opens up and looks like it's coing to work, but it's asking for a userid and passowrd. I found another post that says to try "sysadmn" and "NQZ5-XC3E-P8HD-A2SU". Now I get the error message "UMB0008: Cannot access the security database."

Can anyone help? I'm so close to success.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the first time you need this...

In the user field, type: SYSADM
In the password field, type: NQZ5-

then you go to system configure and enter your crap.

What version did you get?
What I posted is for VCT2005A, but it should still work....

Last edited by TIPSP; 06-03-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by TIPSP
For the first time you need this...

In the user field, type: SYSADM
In the password field, type: NQZ5-

then you go to system configure and enter your crap.

What version did you get?
What I posted is for VCT2005A, but it should still work....
It's version 2005A. I entered SYSADM and NQZ5-, clicked the system configuration button and get a message box that says Please enter VADIS administrator password.
Help!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 PM

Tried it again and I'm in!!! Works like champ. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet.

It takes a little to get use to, but it works ok.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:10 PM

i got a vadis program off ebay 3 yrs ago and when i try to open it my password and username are now invalid. is this progam dated? want to know how do get in. i tried to download a torrent version but a spybot popup said it was a malicious file and i did not download it. otherwise where can i get a new file dowload? thx.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM

You can't do this by yourself. You need to find some soft, spotty faced, pasty looking, geeky, nerdy teenager. He will immediately access it in seconds while rolling his eyes at you in sullen disgust, though he will have absolutely no idea what he is looking at. When you explain to him that it is information that will allow you to actually fix your car, all by yourself, and experience the pleasure and satisfaction that comes from getting your hands dirty, he will recoil in horror and wonder why you would want to do that when Dad just drops it off at the dealer.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

VIDA I bought on eBay, complete with crack. Was a tiny bit tough to get running. VADIS I downloaded as a bit torrent. I googled" VIDA crack" and immediately ran across it, entered it and good to go since. Much smaller, faster and nimble than VIDA.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 AM

what is vida? does that take the place of vadis?

Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly. After 2004, Volvo adopted VIDA as their new software. It's interactive and, besides parts, ahs great instructions and wiring diagrams for mewer models. It's designed to work with the DICE diagnostic tool but that portion won't work for the average DIY'r. It's necessary to have a subscription with Volvo ($$$) to use the diagnostic tool portion. There are Chinese knock offs of the DICE tool on eBay for a few hundred bucks but without a subscription, they aren't much help. Additionally, I find VIDA to be cumbersome, and not nearly as nible as VADIS. Since all my cars are rwd...VIDA is only handy when we have a customer with a newer Volvo with some weird symptoms.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it weird I can Run VADIS standalone with no CD or IE?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Not particularly. I downloaded it as a bit torrent and installed it to the hard drive. It doesn't work through an internet browser the way VIDA does. That's my main beef w/ VIDA...it needs Internet Explorer and, other than occasional work related excursions into VIDA...I refuse to use IE.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by swiftjustice44
I refuse to use IE.
Amen...

Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM

well how can i get my vadis software to work. i have the program since 2007 but somehow the password changed or the program i bought from ebay was dated as i can't use my password. i tried using the ones recommended on this forum to no avail. i could not seem to make the torrent one to download from several sites. do you have a site dowload recomendation so i can download another copy? i have a95 Volvo 850

Old 01-22-2012, 02:57 AM

You try these non torrents, right?

File Not Found - Filefactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part02.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part03.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part04.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part05.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part06.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part07.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part08.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part09.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part10.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part12.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part14.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part15.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part16.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part17.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part18.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com
Volvo_Vadis75to05.part19.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Last edited by Burn Stains; 01-22-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM

OK folks, roll your eyes and call me whatever you wish, but here is my problem;
I am 62 years old, a licensed Master Mechanic for most of my life. GM, Nissan, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, dealers. Nine years BMW. Although I did the usual squeaks leaks and rattles and usual "tune up" stuff, I was really good at manual transmissions, transaxles, diffs, clutches, steering and suspension, especially on BMW, Porsche, VW, etc, with a good dose of SAAB.
Severe skin allergies to hydrocarbons made me leave the field in late 1980s and go to work selling vintage motorcycles, (mostly Brit), and parts. Through the years I was in and out of various Ford Motor shops doing proto work, hand building emissions certification proto engines, test driver, etc, and ended up with a Ford gig in Parts Div until a retirement in 2005. In between Ford stints I was a line mechanic in big Hon/Yam/Kaw/Suz/Tri/Duc/SkiDoo/Polaris mega dealer. In short, I know how to twist a wrench. I've made a decent living at it.
BUT, my car dealer experience ended in late 1980s before the advent of the massive electronics in todays cars. I still manage to do 95% of work on our family cars in between a small side business restoring vintage British motorcycles.
I recently bought a 2000V70XC with a slipping trans when warm, for peanuts. Fix it? no problem says I. (Though never certified in Auto trans, (prima donna auto trans guys had dibs), I did the auto R&R in addition to my manual trans work. I was fast, too. Figure I pulled a couple of thousand over the years).
I'm beginning to really hate this car.
First problem; no printed service manuals or parts lists available for late model Volvo except DVD VADIS disc. Second problem; My until then, perfectly adequate computer needed $$$ and technician to install/update. Third problem; Neighbor kid can blow through this like crazy but has no idea what he is looking at and can't go slow enough for me to understand. Hand him a screw driver and he'll stab himself. Hand me the VADIS and I'm lost.
I have absolutely no idea how to use this VADIS thing. Can't access part lists, can't access service info, multiple passwords are needed and I have no idea how to find them. I have no idea what a "bit" is, what a "torrent" is or any of this stuff. I am totally overwhelmed and I'm getting really cranky. I feel like a complete dummy. After 50 years of turning wrenches, I'm too stupid for my car? "Software" for installing fog lights? WTF?
Why in hell can't a "talented amateur" understand how to do this?
Do I really need some software engineer to come over in his khaki Docker pants with his ID badge hanging off his belt to look up valve body info while I stand by in my coveralls wiping my hands with a shop towel?
Is there a book or some sort of guide or handbook that I can buy that will give a complete Luddite like myself a hand holding walk through this VADIS and the other stuff on these discs I bought? Imagine teaching your Dad or Grandad how to VADIS, that's what I need.
Is this "You can't get there from here?"
I can't possibly be the only one with these problems.
I can see there are some incredibly bright people on this forum. I am amazed, impressed and I truly admire their wizard skills with computer technology. I apologize in advance for my clumsiness, but those of us in my position need a break here.
Three Volvo dealers and 1 independent shop in Detroit area. Closest Volvo dealer 25 miles west; hated by every Volvo owner around with good reason.
Next closest 35 miles north west in 1%er land, (near where Willard "Mitt" Romney grew up); $$$$$, really wants to sell me a new one as "we don't do much work on OLDER models" and Volvo is sideline to their Subaru franchise.
Other dealer 40 miles north east, down the street from the Ferrari dealer, need I say more?
Independent Volvo shop; "Oh, we don't FIX transmissions, we only exchange reman units direct from Volvo" at $4500 and up.
Now you know why I want to do it.
What's a guy to do?
I love my 242 Turbo, owned it over 25 years, but this other Volvo is becoming a real PIA

Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Volvo Cross Country Resources: How-To Guides
has some basic articles that might help. You could always print them to have a hard copy.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Vida is the replacement software for vadis, it covers everything that vadis did plus everything right up to the year software you have, example 2010d or 2012a.

Quick Reply: How Do I Open VADIS Software?