General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Instrument cluster related malfunctions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Instrument cluster related malfunctions

ok so I have a 2002 Volvo S60 that I recently bought from a friend. I've been having troubles all over the place. When I start the car if I don't continuously rev the engine it turns off. Also, when I am at a stop light with my foot on the brake my car revs all by itself. I don't know jack about cars but I do know it's not supposed to do that. Also, the turns signals on the outside always work but sometimes the indicators or turning signals dashboard lights won't turn on. Now my window still are sometimes getting stuck going up. So a few days ago my entire instrument cluster decided to take a **** but sometimes after I turn my car off and back on it will work until I turn my car off again. I DIYed it kind of and disconnected the instrument cluster and blew on both connector pieces and plugged it back but now my instrument cluster doesn't work at all at all but the whole reving problem on startup and at any stop lights has fixed itself when I did that. I have now bought three instruments clisters from scrap yards but none have I just be rn a able to plug in and make it work.. help???[/SIZE]