General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Letter from Volvo.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Letter from Volvo.

Just got a letter from Volvo NA. The letter states that the ETM warranty has been extended to 10 years or 200K miles. Also states that I should contact dealer to schedule a software upgrade. Also included a form letter to fill out to get reimbursed if I had already had the ETM fixed.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Letter from Volvo.

Yes most people that have a Volvo with ETM have recieved this from Volvo. I have and so have my parents.

Go get your software upgrade now. Most people seem to think the car seems different in a good way with the new software. I haven't seen anything different.

Also if you have an ECU upgrade right now, get in contact with whoever did it as with the new ETM software upgrade your ECU upgrade will be wipped out.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Letter from Volvo.

Go ahead and take your car to the dealer for the software upgrade. You'll probably notice a difference in the vehicle, as the software adjusts to any dirt that may accumulate in your throttle body. The original software that was in your vehicle was somewhat overly sensitive to anything in the ETM causing major driveablity issues if the ETM accumulated any amount of crud.