Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

A letter to the volvo dealership

Old 02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default letter

sorry i had to delete that wasnt really fair

Last edited by radio16; 02-19-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: delete
Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What?
I've never had a problem with the Volvo Dealership. There are numerous parts that I buy from them that are cheaper than any online OEM distributor; hoses, gaskets, etc. Also, when I was getting quotes for an AC leak test, the quotes I received were 200, 150, and 100. Two of those were indy shops and one was Volvo, the 150 was the Volvo dealership. They also are able to find me parts that some places wouldn't be able to, like when I need copper crush washers for the turbo housing swap, they knew right away what I needed, some independent shop wouldn't have known what I was looking for.

I think it's hit or miss, yeah, some of their prices will be jacked, but some of their stuff is cheaper. Volvo's prices fluctuate, it all depends on what your buying and when your buying it.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Radio16 ... I was just replying to your new thread when you deleted.

Don't blame it on Volvo . They are the swedes who where engineering and building great, strong and reliable bricks then came Ford. Think back to when ford bought VOLVO.

Our boy asked tonight, after watching a ford or GM commercial, why doesn't volvo have any commercials? Yeah great question....because ford has sucked all of the life they can out of them and now they want to throw them on the trash heap. They stole their technology and innovation and now they are just waste product. Yes.... ford is making one of the best vehicles because they stole them from Volvo.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobec
Yes.... ford is making one of the best vehicles because they stole them from Volvo.
This is the best quote I have heard in a long time and is 100% true IMO. I have not has any issues with my S60R but I can tell it is not the same as the old Volvos I have had in the past.

Oh, and I saw a Volvo commercial the other day. I know they don't play them like the Ford ones but they are still around.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 AM

yeah, I see volvo commercials once in a while. I like it that they don't run the tvs dry with volvo commercials like they do Chevy and Ford. It's like the same thing with other cars. You don't see commercials for Corvettes, or Lotus, or other similar cars. I think it keeps it from being in the same class as Chevy and Ford.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention that it was owned by ford now - and i really think that is why they dont care any more i should have been more detailed i meant ford /volvo
every time i have asked for some information they dont want to tell me anything over the phone - they want me to drive to them i asked for a throttle housing cover for a 96 volvo 850 turbo and they said they could get it for me but it will cost me about 125$ not including installation -- pfft for god sake its a 3 minute job - 1 T-20 hex bolt thats why i got on the roller about it and when i saw someone else with a problem after buying a cx 90 i think it was the awd went out and they wouldnt honor warranty even tho the person had gone something like 100 over the mileage and had maintenance done elsewhere for other things like oil changes -- i didnt think that was a fair thing to do -- i got pissed off-- so i sent em a letter coz ive gone thru problems with my old mitsu montero and it went out of warranty and i got my oil changes done elsewhere but when my 4 wheel low went out they fixed it free of charge and put it under warranty repair - WHY CANT FORD /VOLVO DO THAT??
that is the reason for sending the scathing letter
SORRY IF IT WAS OFFENSIVE TO ANYONE

Old 02-20-2010, 12:38 AM

Damn Radio, I am sorry but I missed your rant!!

But it's like Gilber says, even with volvo dealers it's hit and miss.

I have two Volvo dealers in my town. Unfortunately the one closest to me is almost worthless, not very helpful at all (unless you're interested in buying a new car, no wait, not even then..)

Conversely the one across town is very helpful (usually), even on the phone! Plus I noticed their parts are 10 to 20% less at this dealer! I don't know if they're discounting them or the other one is marking them up..

Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The parts guy and the Service Manger at the local dealer here know me by name. They know I am a diy type guy and give me advice all the time. The parts guy knocks 15% iff all parts for me too. I had to join VCOA to get the 15%, but I did that once years ago and never renewed it. The dealer on the other side of town seems good too, but just a little out of the way, but I have gone there too when the closer one doesn't have what I need. Also have an Independent Repairs shop that knows me too. Haven't been to them in quite some time though. Before I started doing so much myself that's where I got everything done though.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a stealer 2 miles from my office and try to buy all of my parts from a Volvo salvage yard 40 miles away or from the dealer in Charlotte NC. I think that says it all about my stealer.