General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Massive electronics issues XC60 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 06:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massive electronics issues XC60 2010

Hello

I'm hoping to get some answers or ideas from here 'cause i'm out of everything.
So, back in february i had a motor swap on my 2010 XC60, before that everything worked as it should but a few weeks after the swap the electronics started to go nuts. First time the issue came at the gas station, where after filling up the car didn't start and threw a immobilizer error on the dash. a minute and few tries later all good and started perfectly. The nest day while driving all of a sudden dash went crazy, lit up like christmas tree, RPM 0, speed 0, temperature 0, gear 0 and no throttle, so i pulled on the side of the road, shut the car down but could not get the magnetic key out because apparently the car thought the gearbox was not in park, when in fact it was. While standing i could hold down the button to get ignition in, radio and climate worked, dash lights went on but nothing was showing (temp and gear still -). after and hour the car started like nothing happened and i could drive straight to the workshop that made the motor swap. They connected it to computer and said there were like over 40 error codes, deleted them all and said if problem occurs again come back. After that i could drive again for like 2-3 weeks without any problems. Then while driving with ACC it clicked off, threw a DSTC light on and after a couple of minutes the same, tons of errors on dash, no throttle and so on. Stopped the car and same deal, couldn't get the key out, not in part etc. After waiting for 5min all gone and could start the car again, but after that the service messages for engine, DSTC and line holding were up and are still there. Next day i went to another workshop, connected computer and again, a lot of error codes but while trying to access a certain module (i think it was either ABS or gearbox module) it all went nuts and after that the computer was unable to connect to the car at this point. Towed the car home, let it sit for 3 days and voila, all good and started just fine. Now it's been a fes weeks and it's only getting more common for it to go bat**** crazy while driving, tho i found out that while it has lost all power and is in limp mode, DSTC light is on and dash is fully 0, dricing through pot hole or speedbump will bang something into place and power is back, dash is back (DSTC light still on) for a few moments, after that all gone again.
If anybody has any idea of what might cause it please share it. Battery and charging voltages are checked, they are fine. As much of wires that can be seen under bonnet have been checked and seem fine at first glance.
Thanks in advance

Old 09-10-2021, 07:37 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds like a potentially bad module. I feel like its the CEM. Did you get a bunch of codes for it? When there is major issues with this you will experience things similar to what you got. It connects a lot of things together. The cluster, being able to take the key out, ABS lights on the dash, airbag lights, etc.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for you man ,, i feel what are you in now ,, i had my xc60 2010 from 2012 and i swaped my engine after 170,000 km ....
from what i read i have only 1 conclusion ,,, your workshop are full of ****t and they steal you little by little ,,,OR they are just fools