Volvo XC60 This smaller crossover offers the capabilities of an SUV with less size - ideal for city driving.

2010 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Wont Start

Hi Everyone,

My 2010 xc60, 59k miles, has intermittent problems with not starting. It's been towed twice and spent 4 weeks over the last 4 months in the garage. In the 3 times where it hasn't started, the car has been driven fine that day. No fault codes appear. Apparently the key fob, starter motor, fuel pump and sensors have all been checked with no fault. The dash shows no fuel whilst it tries to start. It's turning over but not engaging. There is nothing apparently wrong with the battery either.

Again, no error codes or messages- the garage are set to return the car having not solved the issue. It has started fine every time with them since it's been in.

Has anyone got any ideas to what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Default XC60 won't start!

Hi there!

I know you posted about this ages ago but I am feeling very frustrated as we have exactly the same problem with our 2010 XC60. Intermittently it won't start although engine cranks up. Been towed away but then starts working and garage cannot diagnose problem. No error codes and nothing apparently wrong! Too scared to drive anywhere in it with small kids. Did you get to the bottom of your problem?

Old 01-07-2016, 03:34 AM

Hi there,

Unfortunately the problem was never resolved and the car spent the best part of 6 months in the garage as every time we took it back home we had the same problem. We lost out for sure money-wise but ended up with them buying the problem car back off us...at an annoyingly reduced price, then we purchased a 62 plate one on PCP with the automatic gear box and can honestly say we've loved every (touch wood - trouble free) minute of it for the last 2 years and currently intend on simply getting another when the 3 years is up unless the new models aren't as good? The old car was back on their forecourt at near original price within weeks....sorry I can't help you more.

Originally Posted by Chalumpchie
Hi there!

I know you posted about this ages ago but I am feeling very frustrated as we have exactly the same problem with our 2010 XC60. Intermittently it won't start although engine cranks up. Been towed away but then starts working and garage cannot diagnose problem. No error codes and nothing apparently wrong! Too scared to drive anywhere in it with small kids. Did you get to the bottom of your problem?

Old 09-12-2016, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chalumpchie
Hi there!

hi have you ever solved your problem? I have exactly the same problem on my 2010 XC60 d5.