General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

New Volvo XC60 Interior Color coming off

Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New Volvo XC60 Interior Color coming off

I just took delivery late Saturday at my local dealer of a brand new Volvo XC60 that I purchased under the European Delivery Plan several months ago (I never drove the car while in Sweden). I am quite perplexed by a cosmetic problem that I have encountered while inspecting the car. My car's interior is light beige. I have noticed that the plastic sill component at the bottom of the door on the driver's side and to a lesser extent at the bottom of the right rear passenger side show an uneven color appearance. When I tried to remove several light scuff marks on the driver's side sill with a damp cloth wet with just water, the beige color just came off where I rubbed, revealing a lighter beige plastic underneath. It is as if the plastic part had been molded in a light beige color and then airbrushed at the factory to make the plastic sill a slightly darker color to make it match the rest of the interior. Now I am left with a plastic part that has a splotchy non-uniform color appearance. The rear passenger door sill also has a spot that is lighter-colored than the remaining plastic part. I have never touched this area before. What is going on cosmetically with this brand new Volvo? I should be in possession of a vehicle where the interior beige color should be durable on all parts and not have the color (paint?) come off so easily. I will be taking the car to the dealer Monday to show the defect. In the meantime I am curious whether anyone elso has encountered this problem, I have owned many Volvos in the past and have never experienced this before.
i