General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Noisy Fuzion HRI Tires!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy Fuzion HRI Tires!!!!

Just bought a '99 V70 AWD that has 4 Fuzion HRI tires on it. There's still plenty of tread left on these guys, but they're so damn noisy! They vibrate too. When I took a look at the tread pattern they seemed directional. THe tread goes one direction on the left side and the opposite on the right side. Tirerack.com states that they're asymetrical and can be placed on either side of the vehicle. Has anyone else on this forum had experience with this brand of tire? If so, what gives? Thanks.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Noisy Fuzion HRI Tires!!!!

I have never dealt with those tyres so I cannot give you an accurate advice.

Look on the side wall on all tyres to see if they have directional arrow. If they do, then they cannot be reversed. I noticed some of the exotic cars (Modena 360, Carrera GT, McLaren SLR, etc...) do come with asymmetrical tread patterns but not sure about yours.

See if you can receive replies from those who have the correct info.

JPN

Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 AM

There are no directional arrows on the sidewalls. That's one of the first things I looked for, but there is a labeled, dedicated outside sidewall. It's really strange to see such an aggressive tread pattern flip flopped on each side of the car.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are not unidirectional. I have them on my S60. They are louder than the Michelin's thatI took off, but then again I went from a 16" to a 17" tire. I expected them to be noisier. I don't think that they are too noisy. I have never had any vibration. I suggest that you have someone look at them. If there is abnormal wear (cupping, etc.) that could be the reason for the noisiness.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 PM

The driver's side is noisier than the passenger's side. That's where I thought the tread looked like it was backwards (not the case since they're multi-directional). I had my mechanic look at the tires and he did say there was some cupping on the front wheels, but stated that AWD cars tend to do this and rotating the tires front to back might help them to wear them evenly. I did this, but don't think it will do much.