General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Please Help a Volvo Newbie - Reasonable Offer for a CPO '07 XC90 3.2 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help a Volvo Newbie - Reasonable Offer for a CPO '07 XC90 3.2 AWD?

Hi all.

At the moment, I'm seriously looking at acertified pre-owned2007 XC90 3.2 AWD at a local Volvo dealer. Having never purchased a Volvo, I'm admittedly a greenhorn at the "Volvo buying experience" (for the lack of a better term), so I'm just curious if anyone might be able to help me out with determining a ballpark figure for the lowest possible price I might be able to negotiate. In a way, I'm really hesitant about posing this question, as I fully realize that there are many, many factors that play into each individual situation and that there's no definite or set way of determining this. Nonetheless, I thought it would be worth checking with some Volvo veterans to see if anyone might be able offer at least a very general, ballpark figure.

The vehicle in question, as I mentioned previously, is a certified pre-owned2007 (in service date of 11/06)XC90 3.2 AWD with approx. 23.5K miles. The vehicle overall is in excellent shape, both inside and outside. There are a few small scratches on the exterior, and I'm planning on asking them to be buffed out as a term of the sale. The dealer's asking price is $32K.

Given this information, what would be a good, reasonable starting point for price negotiations, and what's the best deal that I could expect to get? Again, I know it's impossible to give an exact number in this situation, so I'm just looking for general, ballpark figures. While I've done a bunch of research both in books and on the web on the topic of getting the best deal and negotiating effectively with car purchases, I think some of that information goes out the window when you consider that the car's CPO status and consequent extended warranty is of some value and can't be overlooked when determining a fair starting point for negotiation. That said, if anyone might be able to provide some advice based on knowledge of Volvos and/or personal experience, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 11-15-2008, 11:35 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Please Help a Volvo Newbie - Reasonable Offer for a CPO '07 XC90 3.2 AWD?

Well the caris~2 years old, and it has 23.5k miles...
Let's see..........KBB says it would be about $31,000. that number is for a fully loaded car.....If it is not fully loaded, then it is probably closerto $26-27. But I don't know if that includes Certified Pre-Owned, Because they will charge more for a car that is.
What is the color combo one the car, as thatwill affect the sell of a car.
The milage is pretty good, well about average now-a-days. It sounds like it is in great condition, but is it show room condition...maybe.
Is the car native to the area, or was it moved there? How well was it treated, service wise. Does the engine bay look like a new car...or a car that was driven 30k miles.
Who was the previous owners...Man orwomen or both?
Get as much info aboutthe car as you can...and if you test drive it, or have test driven it....Howdid it behave? Did you pushthe car a littleto seehow it reacted.
If all is good and the dealer gives you some good info/answers about the car, then talk numbers with the guy.
I would try and get it to $29,000 out the door, I wouldn't go over $33,000 out the door.

Good Luck.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please Help a Volvo Newbie - Reasonable Offer for a CPO '07 XC90 3.2 AWD?

You may want to run a CARFAX on this vehicle too, just for grins...