General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Spokane indy shop needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spokane indy shop needed

Our 2012 S60 T5 destroyed it's accessory belt rolling into Spokane recently. Had it towed to a shop on the South Hill that has replaced the belt and put in a new battery, but it still won't start and they're at the end of their experience with it.

I'm afraid it has slipped or taken out the timing belt (again...) and bent valves (again), so I need a shop in Spokane that knows what they're doing with these cars / engines.

Anybody have a recommendation for an indy shop or am I stuck with the dealership?

Thanks.
- peter

Old 07-28-2021, 05:44 AM
Default Repair shop in Spokane

I've used
C&H Auto Repair on Foothills Drive is an authorized Volvo repair shop. They aren't cheap but do good work. Ask for Scott, he works the front.
And
Preedys Auto on Pacific
Don't specialize but Chris up front owns a volvo so knows about them. They do great work about half to a third less than C&H.

Those would be my recommendations. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Mention my name,
Lorin Bannerman who knows I may get something next time I'm in there.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:45 AM
Default Repair shop in Spokane

I've used
C&H Auto Repair on Foothills Drive is an authorized Volvo repair shop. They aren't cheap but do good work. Ask for Scott, he works the front.
And
Preedys Auto on Pacific
Don't specialize but Chris up front owns a volvo so knows about them. They do great work about half to a third less than C&H.

Those would be my recommendations. Hope you get your issue resolved.
Mention my name,
Lorin Bannerman who knows I may get something next time I'm in there.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the rec – C&H was also recommended on Sweedespeed.

Thankfully, as of late yesterday, it turns out I don't need another shop. I was traveling in Europe, so I'd told the shop I was using (Mechanic's Pride) to not hurry. When I got home on Tuesday, they did hurry and have solved the problem: The engine was turning as was the alternator, so neither was seized. Car just wouldn't crank at all. They went after the starter and found that there's a cap of sorts that's supposed to cover where the cable from the battery connects, but it wasn't on (or snapped shut – description over the phone was a little vague), so the connection was covered in crud. Once they cleaned that and snapped the cap back on, the engine cranked and started just fine, so everything is in order now.

Still not happy with a 30K old serpentine belt just randomly deciding to end its life, but they checked the tensioner and say it's OK, so I guess I just write that one off to a sub standard part.

- peter