General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo Oakville Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo Oakville Dealership

Watch if you like Volvo vehicles, in Volvo Oakville Dealership you may become a persona-non-grata if you go there for a test drive but do not proceed with the purchase. Personnel there are very sensitive if you "waste" there time. Suggest avoiding that dealership and service

Old 02-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Everyone that works there?
Were you a serious buyer or just playing around?
Did they throw rocks at you?
Did you tell the salesperson that you weren't buying buy just wanted to drive a car?
You used their time, gas, and depreciated a piece of stick, maybe someone there is rude but you have nothing better to do than whine on this forum?

I notice your only other post is dealing with maintenance costs under warranty at the same dealership, some 15 minutes after this one, Did you rethink everything after your first post, run back and buy a car, experience a problem take it back and have problems with the service staff as well as the sales staff?
Looking forward to your third post, the one were you take a leak in the serve waiting room restroom and have it out with the rude janitor at the dealership!

Seriously, those posts really help no one and there is nothing there that anyone can help you with. I suspect this has happened to you before and - this is only a suggestion - that the next time someone doesn't treat you the way you think they should, you look at yourself for the answer. Look honestly.

Last edited by donf; 02-01-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:33 AM

Your judgment is far from being fair. I have not used names although I could. Both Service and Sales Managers acted together to make me feel cheep. Although I tried to explain why I did purchased Volvo vehicle at another dealership, both were judgmental. To reject servicing of my vehicle and make me a persona-non-grata at Oakville Dealership was a pinnacle of arrogance and non-professionalism. Of course, they may construct a story how I was rude or similar. I could only note that I’m an adult, professional and not in my youth age, so construct such excuses for their behavior is just an illustration how horribly that dealership threats Volvo customers.

Long story short, I did purchase a vehicle, so waist of their time (approximately 10 minutes) should not stand. I’m continuing exposing my experience until got an apology from the owner of Volvo Oakville dealership. Moreover, such experiences should not be acceptable if maintain Volvo reputation still stand.

My second post is same as the first one since I was not sure which forum should be appropriate for exposing such rudeness and arrogance at Volvo Oakville. The tone of your comment to my post makes me wonder if you a member of Volvo Oakville. If yes, then try to understand why I’m insisting on truth and justice here.

Old 02-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I wish someone from Oakville would be here, that way we can hear the whole story.

They refused to service your car? Places don't do that for no reason. Surely you are leaving details out.

Last edited by ES6T; 02-04-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:32 PM

Sure, I could provide you details as you seems eager and not trusting a customer who has no interest to be in a conflict with any dealership. Why would I? Here are some details:

Note that I live in Oakville but my office is downtown Toronto on Bay street.
It was by accident that I ended up at Volvo Oakville dealership since for over 30 years I’ve been driving only German cars. A new small SUV XC40 caught my eye and the salesman offered a test drive. It was late so I only made a 5 min drive around the block. That was in December 2019. I liked the car, but concerns remain since we are moving to a condo downtown and the parking spot there is quite tight. Since my office is downtown, at lunch brake, I visited Volvo Downtown Toronto dealership to check the car again. Sales person there was kind enough to take my spouse to our condo parking spot not far from there to demonstrate how easy parking could be. Long story short, we purchased our new Volvo downtown since sales efforts were extraordinary, plus we got a guaranteed delivery since the only model with colour we liked was available from Montreal. Must admit, I did not pay much attention to e-mail offer from Oakville dealership as it was not exactly what I've expected. Nothing unusual, as my rights to purchase vehicles the way I want should not be questioned.
On December 17, 2020 I booked an appointment, regular service at 16K km, at Volvo Oakville and at my arrival, the Service Manager, George Fotopoulos, bluntly told me I had no appointment, although it was done two hours before by telephone. After I insisted that my appointment was booked, he responded that service was not possible since their oil pump was broken. Another surprise. Than I question how it is possible that such a large dealership depends on a single oil pump after which, believe or not, he rudely announced that I should take my business where I purchased the vehicle and not to waste their time. Yes, I was shocked and requested to see the Owner. After waiting some time, a sales manager accepted to see me, and after repeating my story he also advised me to take my business downtown. To make an insult even bigger, he added that I made a purchase at downtown dealership due to $500 difference, which was completely false. I argued that I have right to purchase my vehicle wherever I want. In the meantime, Service Manager showed up and offered to service my vehicle which I rejected. I was worried that any work on my vehicle there may be purposely sabotaged so I left. Before leaving, I again requested to see the Owner but the Sales Manager bluntly rejected with an ironic comment that he is the one and only one I could talk and showed me a door.
I did contact Volvo Canada Customer Services and here is the answer, with all spelling errors, for which I've send several e-mails asking for details with reasons for such decision:
You can advise the customer that his feedback on his experience at Volvo of Oakville has been documented on his ownership profile and Volvo is aware of it and regrets to hear of the experience and that Volvo is also aware of Volvo of Oakville’s position on the future servicing of the vehicle at their facility.
As per the management team at Volvo Oackville , the you are no longer welcomed on their property but they will service your vehicle for warranty or recall repairs.
You will need to make prior arrangements to have a third party present and retrieve the vehicle as well as producing a document signed by the owner authorizing this individual to act on your behalf.

I never received any further explanation nor details. Perhaps now you may understand why I'm loud requesting an apology from Volvo Oakville. Do you need more details???
I'll provide a Sales Manager name later on as I left his card at my office.
By the way, I've just Googled about this dealership ... interesting!?
Volvo of Oakville - Volvo, Service Center - Dealership Ratings (dealerrater.ca)

Old 02-04-2021, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe they are a crappy dealer. I'd still be interested in their side of the story.

Maybe their oil pump really was broken. Who knows.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:34 PM

I do not, have never,and have no finantial interest in the dealership in question.
I have owned two businesses for a total of 37 years.

No one pisses off a customer for no reason. Nope, never ever. Onthe other hand, there are times when the judgement is made that certain people are more trouble than they are worth, will cost more in money and time than you will ever make from them, and generally are poisonous to have in the store/office/service bay.
You appear to be one of those people. I realize that you sincerely believe that you are a genuine joy to work with, fair, generous, and polite.
And I further know that you are the exact opposite. How do I know? look at the effort you have gone to after these people have made it explicitly clear that they don't want you on their property. Need more 'evidence'? Look at how much effort you are putting into this, slandering them (knowing they won't post here). Geez, a regular guy would say "Fair thee well "and move on down the road.

Really, the only reason I am continuing this silly exercise is to point out that you need to realize that the very real possibility exists that you are not a pleasant person to do business with. Get help.

The following users liked this post:
ES6T (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Well said.

I agree. I doubt it went like this:

You: Hi, I have an appointment for service today.
Them: Like hell you do!
You: Sir, would you kindly check your appointments, please? I just made the appointment.
Them: Oh hell no! Go somewhere else!

I bet you got snotty when they couldn't find your appointment. And I'm curious how you worded your criticism about the broken oil pump.

Old 02-06-2021, 03:13 PM

Are you joking me? The only reason for all the crap I've experienced there was the fact I did not purchased my vehicle at that dealership. That was what instigate all the commotions. That was clearly pointed out, directly into my face. I do not need your justifications. I wonted to be loud so that nobody else had a similar experience in that dealership. Plus, such an insult I've never experienced and until I get an apology, I'll remain to be loud about this.
I do not understand that my posting was so negatively accepted at your end. You either have some links with that dealership or you are generally not trustful to the complains. How about you call them, as I was not able to here reasons for their brutal showing me the door. And of course, they will not touch my car ever.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

You yourself said first they said you didn't have an appointment, then they said the oil pump was broken and then said you should go elsewhere.

So no, it didn't all start with where you bought the car.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:56 AM

Are you pretending to be deaf or trying to be sinister?
I called two hours earlier to check if there is an opening to do my first service for the appointment scheduled at 3 pm. That was done by telephone probably with a service clerk. When I arrived at 3 pm, service manager was the only at the desk and he then started playing me down, first lying I had no appointment, than broken oil pump, then I should not come as I "waisted time of their sales by purchasing vehicle at other dealership, then pump is not broken ... How would you feel? All I did, asking to see the owner.
Who are you, to question my story so hard? IAll I want is an apology. What is not clear to you? Are you an advocate for Volvo Oakville dealership for which, it looks like my incident was not uncommon. All this is shameful and I'm sorry for your reactions. Until I got an apology, I'll talk about my experience at any opportunity. Why I do not let this go? Because nobody ever insulted me like those two insignificant men. Now they may negate my story, but use the logic, why would I engage myself into all of this. Or you think I'm a lunatic?

Old 02-07-2021, 10:37 AM

I have reevaluated my thoughts about you and your situation.
t first I will admit that the idea of some sort of emotional issue was the cause.
Then I thought that maybe you were just a rotten person.
I was wrong on both counts.
I have reread your posts suspecting what was obvious from the beginning,it fairly sreams out in every sentence you write.

You Feel Entitled.

Yes indeedy. Thisman, these men, this dealership,this department. They have sorely slighted you, worse yet, you are OFENDED. How dare they insult you by not paying proper homage to you, because you are A CONSUMER . The way I see it, you are a fairly recent (6-18 months) college graduate, almost assuredly with only a bachelors degree in a common field. First in the family? You are special! All must realize that you are deserving of all respect. And so you go into the world, full of the fantasies that afflict so very many of your generation.
You have a rude awakening in your future. Many. This was only the firts.

Dealers make much more on service than on sales, the sales serves to bring you into the dealership, provide fodder for the service department, if you will.
So why would they not welcome you into the service bay?

Last edited by donf; 02-07-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:25 PM

You are sick. Your "psychoanalysis" completely false and I was late to realize you bad intentions. But who care, I even do not care why you've been so harshly commenting on my post, even if you are on the payroll to go against customer's complains. My mistake that I have been responding to your sh..ty comments.

WATCH, WATCH. Avoid Volvo Dealership in Oakville at any price. They will be rude to you, overcharge you and not be responsive to your customer's issues. If in doubt, check posts from many unsatisfied visitors addressed to that dealership. They are disgrace to the Volvo brand.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, I can see how you handle things and can imagine you pissed them off enough to get them to tell you to beat it.

Now you claim they will overcharge you? Did they overcharge you for showing you the door?

I kinda want to email this thread to the service manager there so they can come here and explain their side.

Last edited by ES6T; 02-09-2021 at 05:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
donf (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 11:30 PM

I would like to see that.

Old 02-14-2021, 01:23 PM

Volvo Oakville is aware of my complains on this forums and I would like they got courage to respond. All this could be resolved much earlier by simple acknowledgment by the Owner and apology by the Service Manager who I've named earlier. I stand behind my claims and will persist to ensure nobody experience similar at that place. Check on internet other sites. This is not the only complain. And again, I've been very pleased with my new XC40 and services at other Volvo dealership. A bad apple within Volvo family should not be allowed.

Last edited by Djole; 02-14-2021 at 01:24 PM. Reason: should be Volvo Oakville and not Volvo Canada