General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Wanted: Online souce(s) for consistently inexpensive new parts/accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Online souce(s) for consistently inexpensive new parts/accessories

The situation is this:

I am scheduled to take delivery of a 2015 V60 in Gothenburg during the first week of Jul.2014. (Excited? Yes!)
There are several V60-specific "goodies" (mainly accessories such as a cargo liner, some parts such as the Al+++ protective plate beneath the engine) listed in the Volvo literature that I want to have on hand when the V60 arrives.
My spouse has a 2012 XC70 and there are a couple of items desired specific to that model as well.
My local dealer wants the absolute most $$ it can get for any/all accessories/parts and must like and want to hold onto their parts rather than sell them for a reasonable price. (Actually my local dealer wants more for each part I am interested in than ANY online purveyor I have sourced lists as their MSRP for the same part. Nice business model, if it can be sustained.)
Like most people, I would like to pay the least possible for each part including its shipping. I do expect a dealer to make a profit, but I don't want to pay for a vacation or buy a new boat for the dealer all by myself with my purchases.
I would like to find a reliable, well-equipped, conscientious, non-greedy online dealer-seller that I can dependably count on for information, supply, sales and service after the sale as needed (a lot to ask for, I know).

Yes, I have tried "Searching" this website using various terms/phrases.
Yes, I have consulted several of the "Sticky" posts in various forums throughout this website (many go back a few years and contain invalid references or otherwise dead end links).
Yes, I have clicked the sidebar links on this website for those sites designated as "Featured Sponsors" and "Our Sponsors" with varying degrees of success. By that I mean, some of the retail sites had some of the items, some sites had none, prices where available were all over the place (though none as high as my local dealer), shipping costs varied considerably, etc.

Locating a few "goodies" for my new car and the XC70 is turning into a full-time job. If anyone has a single dependable source that they can rely on, I would appreciate their spreading the good word.

Anyway, any help in finding an online source would be appreciated.

TIA
Velocitoro