General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Water Is Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Is Fuel

Did anyone happen to see High Definition News channel yesterday..where they sent out a News Crew and did a Report ona Device that will tripple your gas mileage..?

What they did was...they installed this device that works off of water..in a Nissan Altima..filled up the gas tank...drove for 51.2 miles...came back to the gas station..topped it off again..and it only took One-Half gallon of gas to top it off..

If that's true..thats pretty amazing..!!!

Their website is waterisfuel.net or greenfuellab.com

Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Water Is Fuel

Yes water is fuel. Without water we cannot survive.

As water is consumed by human body, it plays many roles. Water lubricates joints, helps chemical exchanging processes between tissues and nerve cells alike, and acts as a coolant in hot climate/during exercise by taking heat away via evaporation. Humans can survive for a few weeks without food, but if deprived of water, we cease after a short period of time. Water also takes out expended materials in our body in the form of urination. Sadly, tap water in many countries have terrible aftertaste & possibly some harmful chemicals, and so far I find French water to be the best in terms of purity & flavour. My favourite is Vittel, except on the bottle they say "Re-Vittelise your body" or somethingof that sort, which I find quite lame.

.....I should've posted this in a food magazine's forum[8D].

Water can be separated into two different matters; oxygen & nitrogen. The latter is used to power vehicles, and the emission would be H2O-water.

Water rules. Let's not pollute it.

JPN

Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 AM

Very Good...LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your inquiry about the "Water Fuel"is a timely one, given the inevitable rise in fuel costs that will certainly keep moving up. I have investgated a lot of these sites and there are severalexcellent ones. The best is at this site: www.water4gas.com. This site looks "busy", but suspend your disbelief and go throughall the details. This is a credible and a growing trend. The extraction of hydrogen from water and mixing the hydrogen into the air flow of any vehicle has been documented and is working for many to increase gas mileage. The systems are safe, inexpensive, and easy to build. I've contacted many who have hooked up a similar system and all experienced an average of 20-50%increased gas mileage with far superior engine performance.

I am in the process of making my own system (from the details of the web site above). I travel quite a lot on my job, but in the nextfew week ends at home, I should have the device completed and ready for use.

I have a 1993 850 and will post my results when I get them.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 AM

If this is true how can you expalin that the EPA has tested over a hundred devices of this type and to date says..."they Flat don't work"..? I also have a friend who works on engines everyday and he said..when I asked him about them..that they do work, however, they really DO NOT produce enough Hydrogen to do much good in a car..however, if you could put a Hydrogen tank in your car and hook it up directly..with a regulator..it might work..but it would have to be a mighty BIG bottle and would take up to much space in your trunk..and probably would be very dangerous in an accident. What say you Bruce..?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:04 AM

After reading the details needed to produce the amount of hydrogen needed to boost mileage, I figured the only way to see was to try it myself. The explanation of the hydrogen gas boost is plausible and not some "secret" - the technology to produce hydrogen from water has been around over 80 years, and using it safely is not a mystery. Many have figured out how to apply this with very little cost and common parts and have seen excellent results. The unit I will install takes very little room in the engine compartment. I did start the process, but am still gathering parts.

The method uses a quart jar which has an electrolyzer constructed of stainless steel wrapped around a plexiglass tower, with an electrical connection, and this is submerged in distilled water and baking soda in the jar, with the resultant hydrogen gas funneled through to the air intake for the boost of hydrogen. The misnomer of hydrogen is that this simple process is "storing" hydrogen - it is not. Storing hydrogen in proposed hydrogen car technology is very dangerous - vehicles have exploded due to incorrect storage of hydrogen. This simple process only makes a very small amount of hydrogen gas, which is then used immediately. No danger at all. It is therefore "hydrogen on demand" so to speak, created by the electrical stimulation of the water and then blown through the air system to boost the heat at which the gasoline is burned. Because the hydrogen gas, or "Browns gas" as some call it (Mr. Brown was one of the original pioneers in this process decades ago) is then adjusted by a simple process on the unit constructed to be able to tweak the amount of gas being "manufactured" and offered into the air flow. I wouldn't be doing this if I thought there was any danger. By the way, the world record for gas mileage was accomplished by a group of students of the Federal Polytechnical School of Zurich, Switzerland in June 2005– using Hydrogen – for an eye-popping 12,665 MPG! This is not a typo. They ran a test car for 13 miles on... 1.02 grams of Hydrogen.

Again, the only way to see for myself (as I am not someone who easily subscribes to such fixes in general) is to test it myself. I expect a few more weeks and I'll be able to share the results - which include careful measurement on a test course of miles the before and after results. Stay tuned and if it is a bust, my total cost will be under a hundred bucks and a few hours of effort. If it doesn't work, the unit I am putting in is disconnected in minutes and no harm done. The results I expect are between 20 and 50% boost in mileage. We shall see...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in using hydrogen as a fuel source.

Do you think the ideas at http://www.water4gas.com works?

Old 06-13-2008, 03:29 AM

A BIG "NO"

Old 06-13-2008, 09:16 AM

newguy,

I tried sending you an email to your inquiry, but it came back as mailbox full.

I have talked to a half dozen folks who have tried this and it has worked for them (20-50% increase in mileage). Again, I'll post details if this process works for me or not. Should have something in the next few weeks.

With respect to air force rascal, my answer would have to be "yes" for others, and I'm holdingmy responseas a "let's see" as opposed to a big "no". So for now, it is a:

Old 06-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Ok, I have successfully installed anHHO (water processed into two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen) unit or "cell" as they are called, and have completed the initial test course results. My mpg before the unit was installed was 26.5 mpg (I'm rounding to the nearest 1/2 mpg). My mpg after the installation of the unit and several runs on apre-measured course (about 45 miles in length)was 32.5 mpg. That is about a23% increase and to me that is significant. I am now running the unit in normal driving and will report that change too. These units have many ways of being adjusted, including "fooling" the O2 sensors, the MAP sensors, etc. I have successfully done that with this car. Because I have an older car (1993 Volvo), and newer cars have multiple sensors, so this same system would need to be more sophisticated on newer models. If I continue to get these types of results on this "test car", I plan on working next on my other vehicles - newer Hyundai models. A side benefit is my engine is running smoother and with more power - a common side effect of the improved gas burning ability caused by the HHO.

Anyone wanting more information can go to www.water4gas.com. After having purchased the on-line book through this site, having experiencesubsequent technical assistance from the folks here, and then having participated in the site's forum (growing exponentially and very neat to see all that is happening in the HHO "sub-culture"), those who believe this is not a valid approach to improving mileage can continue to look at facts and results and stay in "the world is flat" way of thinking, while others who see results will smile and continue to find ways to save money and, at the same time, help the environment. Every one has a choice and I'm very pleased with the results to date. If I get worse or better results in my tweaking the system, I'll certainly post them here too. Truth is truth and good or bad, I'll share them.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 PM

If this is true Bruce..I would be contacting NBC..CBS...ABC...CNN... and FOX NEWS and let them come out with Crews to do a DOUBLE Blind test on your car to make sure what you are saying is true..if so..you will probably become a RICH man...but to date NOONE as yet.. according to the EPA... has been able to prove such an accomplishment. Good Luck and Happy Motoring....

Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see some pics of the install if posible..

Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 AM

air force rascal, thanks for the good luck! Luck, however, has nothing to do with it. I can tell youmany are having this same experience, but the desire of myself and many who have discovered this "new old secret" is for the word to get out and have others experience the same thing. The technology is not new and there are no patents - this approach is over 80 years old. Honestly, (and I'm no conspiracy follower), I wouldn't trust an agency of the government (the EPA) as far as I could carry my car. It just took someone with some thought to construct a model that could be simply attached to gasoline or diesel engines. With the internet and the ability to share information quickly, just stay tuned and see how this grows.

My desire is to gain improvements for my family - share with others and just spread the word. With gas prices where they are (and rising daily) helping others is far more the needed medicine for all of us at this time. Sure money will be made by those who construct and service the units - that will happen in any capitalist environment. Truth be told, all the major news agencies know of this - there are numerous reports on all the news networks about this technology - just Google "HHO" or "Browns Gas", or "Water4gas"or a related topic on this and see the different reports connected toYouTube, etc. Lots of videos and explanations exist. Sure, a double blind test might be interesting, but for me here is the test of the sciencein it: I increased my mileage by 23%. Could be higher based on how I continue to learn. My reality of increased mileage is good enough for me! Plus, my car is running smoother and cleaner. That works for me too!

Interestingly,to use this process people will have to leave their comfort zones (I am the least mechanically inclined person I know!), learn something new, try something new and then make adjustments. My wife is still shaking her head that I decided to investigate this. Me, crawl under a car to adjust something called an 02 sensor!? She thought I wascrazy! Well, change is hard for most everone and that takes some effort (as it took effort on my part).This process of HHO gas boosting will percolate and bubble up and eventually become more main stream. The methods and techniques are there for anyone who wants to give it a shot.

Anyone reading this, feel free to send me an email if I can help should you decide to investigate this or try any of this yourself. I've learned a great deal, and continue to do so. Happy motoring indeed, just that some of us will be happier and go farther then others!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:19 PM

OK, I tried to upload a picture, but file is too large! Any one looking for a photo, email me and I'll send it to you.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Email sent

Old 07-10-2008, 01:32 AM

informative and learned
http://www.increasingyourgasmileage.blogspot.com/

Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Any updates on this? I've been following along with this technology, it seems feasible and logical. There was a trucking company in Australia that was experimenting with it too.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:28 PM

Bruce,

How is the HHO device working? I've been running a water4gas "vaporizer" (see water4gas.com) since about June and I've seen my MPG shoot from 27MPG to 35MPG on the highway. For some reason I get a better percentage increase on highway mileage than I do for city mileage. I drive a 2004 Volvo S60 and the vaporizer (just a mason jar full of charged water)is hooked into my air intake and an enginer vacuum line. I hope to upgrade to the "electrolyzer" at some point but I haven't the guts to try and over-ride my MAF sensor. I tried the "electrolyzer" without touching the MAF sensor and I didn't see any improvement at all.

for those not familiar with water4gas:

The Vaporizer is a "passive" HHO system that requires no active electricity.
The Electrolyzer is an "active" HHO system that requires electrical hook-ups.

Wes

Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM

What is your CITY MPG...since most people drive about 85 % of their milage in the city traffic..not the highway..maybe even higher...it's about 95% for me.

Showing the Highway milage..is like the Manufactures are doing to sell the New cars now..they don't even show the city milage on their commercials anymore..because they know every car gets better gas milage on the highway...we've always known that....

Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 PM

AF Rascal,

I believe my city mileage is 21MPG, althoughit could be as high as 24MPG. I say "believe" because I have spent the majority of my driving in the last 6 months in a majority non-city driving environment so it's hard to pin down the difference between "combined" MPG and city MPG. My "water-powered" 21MPG compared to the 18MPG Volvo claims for city MPG is only a 16% increase (vs. the 30% increaseI'm seeing forhighway driving). My 2004 S60 has a built in MPG gauge so I can see instant read-outs and averages.

That said, this is a similar concept to what the AF used 50 years ago to get early B-52 bombers off the ground utilizing "water injection" to boost engine power so it's amazing how it hasn't been utilized by any auto manufacturer.

The only potential downside to this technology that my friends and I can dream up is there could potentially be a long term engine wear issue due to the addition of extra water vapor into the air intake (although this seems unlikely as gasoline = HYDROcarbon). Only time will tell.

Again, I've gotten results on the passive "vaporizer" system. I've gotten nothing on the active "electrolyzer" system (which I'm assuming is because I haven't had the guts totweak the MAF sensor).

Respectfully,
Wes
"An Ex-Air-Force Non-Rascal"

Quick Reply: Water Is Fuel