General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

XC70 Stereo, heat and air, heated seats, etc. wont work

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XC70 Stereo, heat and air, heated seats, etc. wont work

We purchased an 08 Volvo XC70. its a pretty nice driving car, however the stereo, heat, air, heated seats don't work at all. The previous owner said it used to work just fine then one day it just quit working. We think its in the infotainment center where all the controls are. At first we thought none of it was receiving power, then realized the stereo screen lights up,but the only thing displayed is the 2 little temp flags and a line going all the way across. The buttons light up but don't do anything at all when pushed. So that means its getting power. As for the heater, A/C, heated seats etc. none of the buttons even light up, and nothing happens if u push a button or turn the *****. We have checked all the fuses in all 3 spots. There are no Volvo dealerships anywhere close to us, closest one is almost 3 1/2 hours away, so taking it there is out of the question. My girl is going to kill me if i don't figure out something quick! We can drive it as long as the windows don't need defrosted or if it's too cold or hot outside (it gets super cold and super hot where we live) i insisted this was a good, safe, nice running car thinking maybe the problem was in a clip or something simple of that nature. Did use a multi-meter and checked the clips, they seemed to be getting power. i have read forum after forum and came up with nothing, don't seem like its a very common problem. Can anyone help me out and possibly save my life! Just joking she wont kill me but she wont be happy. even if you can think of something that may work, please let me know! Or if anyone knows where to get a cheap infotainment center from a not functioning Volvo please let me know. This is my first thread ever, hopefully i have followed all the rules! HeLp!

Old 02-27-2024, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the battery either died or was disconnected prior to you getting the car. Did you get the security codes for the stereo and info/nav unit? They should be on a card the seller gave you. Or they could still be in the folder with the manuals. If not you will have to call the dealer to get them.