New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2011 xc60

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 xc60

Hello all! I’m really interested in purchasing a used 2011 XC60 base or T6. I don’t know much about Volvo’s, but really curious. Any advice? What’s it like on a reliable side? Both models have 155 000km (75 000 miles). What should I expect? Are they as great as advertised? Thank you all so much!

Old 08-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I will give you my perspective on your question. I've been retailing used Volvos for 20 years and have been pleased with the product. As an independent dealer, I can sell what I want but have kept the Volvo line in the forefront.

Some are reluctant to go with a turbo model fearing the complexities. I can tell you that my experience with thousands of Volvos, most of which had a turbo, says that they seldom give any issues if you follow the recommend oil change intervals.

On the reliability question, it is all about perspectives. Toyota continues to get the first place in satisfaction and to a degree, some of that is baked into the brand. People who own Toyotas describe them as never having any trouble, yet I know shop owners who all that they work on is Toyota and their perspective is much different. It is the same phenomenon when people go on a trip and rave how wonderful it was to save face when the trip was unpleasant.

I've seen people come on this board, encounter a misfire condition in a Volvo, and declare that they bought a lemon and are considering trading it in on a new Mazda, etc. So, for the guy totally bewildered by the misfire (probably a $7.50 coil pack and 20 minutes labor), he would describe the brand as being problematic.

Let your own research be your guide.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony1963
I will give you my perspective on your question. I've been retailing used Volvos for 20 years and have been pleased with the product. As an independent dealer, I can sell what I want but have kept the Volvo line in the forefront.

Some are reluctant to go with a turbo model fearing the complexities. I can tell you that my experience with thousands of Volvos, most of which had a turbo, says that they seldom give any issues if you follow the recommend oil change intervals.

On the reliability question, it is all about perspectives. Toyota continues to get the first place in satisfaction and to a degree, some of that is baked into the brand. People who own Toyotas describe them as never having any trouble, yet I know shop owners who all that they work on is Toyota and their perspective is much different. It is the same phenomenon when people go on a trip and rave how wonderful it was to save face when the trip was unpleasant.

I've seen people come on this board, encounter a misfire condition in a Volvo, and declare that they bought a lemon and are considering trading it in on a new Mazda, etc. So, for the guy totally bewildered by the misfire (probably a $7.50 coil pack and 20 minutes labor), he would describe the brand as being problematic.

Let your own research be your guide.
Thank you so much Tony. I also spoke with my uncle who’s had Volvos his entire life and like yourself, has nothing but good things to say about it. Hopefully I’ll land myself a good one. Thanks!!!