New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2012 Volvo XC70 2012 AWD/XC 70-Certified

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2012 Volvo XC70 2012 AWD/XC 70-Certified

1. We just purchased this car - We had a 2002 my wife drove for over 10 years. Took it to Florida and the air stopped working after - 1 hour- Had it in the local Volvo dealer two time 2012/2013 for this issue- Traded it in Florida for a 2008 V70 - Got back home with Air- saw the 2012 at traded it at the dealer that had serviced our 2002. At time of test drive the car was out of alignment- salesman advised he would take care of it. Picked the car up and started home ( car was still out of alignment) took it back and service department advised me I would have to set up an appointment. ( salesman drove it to put gas and decided it was not out of alignment- so did not tell service department) After some rude conversations they supposedly aligned the car- Started back towards home and the car was still not in alignment. I waited until the service manager came back from vacation- The next Monday we took a ride and I showed him the car was very out of alignment. They kept the car for a day- went back took a ride and the car still pulls to the right- Asked him what they were going to do about it-Reply nothing I was per Volvo's specifications and the alignment machine- Asked the service manager that we drive new one- advise me that it was not the same this was a used car. My 2003 and 2008 did not have this issue (would not discuss this with me) Contacted Volvo and requested that the Local Factory Volvo contact me and drive the car- advised they would not get involved with customers direct- Asked for a reputable Volvo dealer I could take the car to ( no reply) and sent my request back to the dame dealer.
  2. Took car for a second opinion( worked for Ford motor company - 28 years- Advised just by looking at the alignment report that the vehicle was pulling to the right- he advised if it could be fixed it was going to be a major job- maybe the frame?
  3. Now I am going back to the dealer Monday an they are going to put wheels and tires form another vehicle on this one- If that does not fix it I have been advised that there is nothing else they can do-
  4. The GM of the dealership will not get involved.
Sorry for all the above but I just wanted to explain what all ahs gone on form day one- do not know what other options I have- has anyone ever experienced this issue with a 2012-

If the alignment does not fix it- then I would think that they would search for other causes
We have a 1972 VW bug and it does not pull to the right or the left?

I am 57 years old and have never had a transaction like this- We work hard for our money

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated- this has been going on for (3) weeks and at this point I feel like we have been taken to the cleaners-

If this is a certified car it would seem that this would of been addressed before putting on the lot for sale-

Charlotte, NC.