New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Greetings from Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Malaysia

Hi everyone. I owned a S40 2.4L with full Heico option parts. Do drop me a line for enquiries re Heico bodykits and other s40 performance related stuff! Cheers

Old 04-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Greetings from Malaysia

Welcome. Pictures of your S40 would be appreciated.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum, I hope it would be helpful for you.

Make sure to follow scheduled maintenance, especially the timing belt + its pulleys + tensioner.

JPN

Old 04-13-2008, 12:01 PM

Been driving it for a year now and the casualties that i face so far:-

1. front passenger side vibration! Solve this by changing both drive shaft as the car was still under warranty!
2. change volvo 1 litre coolant every 10km mileage, my car shows 80k km mileage and volvo still insist that the coolant only need changing at 100k?? True or myth?
3. engine check light on- I complain to volvo and they clean the inlet manifold. That work for a while than it went back on. After the 2nd visit they install some software and the problem been rectified! Hooray! Got me worried for a bit!
4. Only this problem volvo can't rectified, it's says at the message 'CHILD LOCK NEED SERVICE PLS CONTACT VOLVO' or something like that! [>:]
5. Last but not least, change front disk due to judder when braking! Claim warranty for it.

Volvo recommend changing belt at 120k km mileage? Is this possible or should I change it at 90k km? Also, you get some nice sound from the engine when u install the K&N filter element! Worth every penny! Anyone know where I can get a service booklet? Mine was available when I bought the car from the previous owner.

Some of you ask bout my ride, pls view the album gallery for it. Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Been driving it for a year now and the casualties that i face so far:-

1. front passenger side vibration! Solve this by changing both drive shaft as the car was still under warranty!
2. change volvo 1 litre coolant every 10km mileage, my car shows 80k km mileage and volvo still insist that the coolant only need changing at 100k?? True or myth?
3. engine check light on- I complain to volvo and they clean the inlet manifold. That work for a while than it went back on. After the 2nd visit they install some software and the problem been rectified! Hooray! Got me worried for a bit!
4. Only this problem volvo can't rectified, it's says at the message 'CHILD LOCK NEED SERVICE PLS CONTACT VOLVO' or something like that! [>:]
5. Last but not least, change front disk due to judder when braking! Claim warranty for it.

Volvo recommend changing belt at 120k km mileage? Is this possible or should I change it at 90k km? Also, you get some nice sound from the engine when u install the K&N filter element! Worth every penny! Anyone know where I can get a service booklet? Mine wasn't available when I bought the car from the previous owner.

Some of you ask bout my ride, pls view the album gallery for it. Thank you for the warm welcome guys!