New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2005 S60 R/ with sport package and navigation Last week! And I just wanted to introduce myself so I'm not a stranger!
My name is Stuart and I live in Port Saint Lucie, FL.
look forward to chattin with everyone!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7116/ED9215AE7D8644B2B142D7459A8F5E12.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7116/8385D84BE99A488DBC7FA232193E1FD8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Hello

Welcome, any performance plans? Yeah I know it is sporty already but anyways.

Oh and your images didn't work.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:54 PM

I know, are there any secrets to uploading photo's I have been trying for the past 10 minutes, it is uploading my pic but when I preview the post it doesn't show?????

And yes I do want to do a few mods I was thinking of doing an intake first(pick up a few extra HP and make the turbo a little more audible!) I would like to do a down pipe and exhaust also but thats gonna take a little while! $$$$$$$ if you know what I mean!( Originally I wanted to do a CBV blanking plate and an HKS SSQV BOV but after alot of research I just couldnt see the risk in having major ECU issues MAF sensor problems or whatever! So I figure doing an intake will get close to the same results without all that hassle!!!) What do you think????

Cotton

Old 10-13-2006, 02:58 PM

LOL I figured it out

Moved to the first post

Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Catchincotton

I know, are there any secrets to uploading photo's I have been trying for the past 10 minutes, it is uploading my pic but when I preview the post it doesn't show?????

And yes I do want to do a few mods I was thinking of doing an intake first(pick up a few extra HP and make the turbo a little more audible!) I would like to do a down pipe and exhaust also but thats gonna take a little while! $$$$$$$ if you know what I mean!( Originally I wanted to do a CBV blanking plate and an HKS SSQV BOV but after alot of research I just couldnt see the risk in having major ECU issues MAF sensor problems or whatever! So I figure doing an intake will get close to the same results without all that hassle!!!) What do you think????

Cotton
1. Unless you plan on doing a full CAI your just going to be sucking in HOT air. Like the kits provided from EST ( http://www.eurosporttuning.com ), they may have a heatshield but don't provide enough shielding to keep HOT air out. Your best bet is to keep the stock airbox and run a K&N panel filter or some other panel filer. Unless you custom make a full CAI. You wont see much of an HP increase maybe 3 Hp if your lucky.

2. A new downpipe and catback exhaust will be awsome. Go 3" mandrel bent downpipe to a 2.5" mandrel bent free flowing catback system with a Magnaflow muffler or do a full 3" mandrel bent system. You will see your most gains from the downpipe and exhaust.

3. I have a BOV on my ME7 car no MAF issues and not ECU issues either. You can re-route it back into the intake.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:33 PM

Nice, car looks very clean!!!! I watched your video on Youtube a couple weeks ago when I was researching BOV mods on Volvo's (LOL)
Thanks for the info i was considering the EST intake and just rigging some kind of heat shielding but now I'm not sure! I got the windows tinted a few days ago, hopefully I can get some new pics up over the weekend its amazing how much it changes the way the car looks!
Anyway thanks again for the info I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forum!

Cotton

Old 10-13-2006, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Catchincotton

Nice, car looks very clean!!!! I watched your video on Youtube a couple weeks ago when I was researching BOV mods on Volvo's (LOL)
Thanks for the info i was considering the EST intake and just rigging some kind of heat shielding but now I'm not sure! I got the windows tinted a few days ago, hopefully I can get some new pics up over the weekend its amazing how much it changes the way the car looks!
Anyway thanks again for the info I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forum!

Cotton
No problem. Take a look in the SIGHTS & SOUNDS forum on here, So Sexy and Clean thread. That is what my car looks like now.

Here is the LINK, So Sexy and Clean Thread