New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello all!

New to the Forum....not new to Volvo..and posting from Southern California!

Proud new owner of a "newish" 2001 v70 T5 / 89,400 miles. (purchase date 9/29)

I didn't want to, but I traded in my 98 S70 T5. While serving overseas the little lady didn't keep up with the required maint. as instructed and I felt it wasn't something I wanted to dump a pile of money into....to get her back into shape.

I haggled a fair trade in price though....but still hated to see it go! I adopted her in Dec/2003 with 28K miles and finally let her go and said goodbye with 171,952 miles.

The very day I purchased my 98 Blue / Green Metallic S70 T5.........I was hooked.........not fast out of the gate but once she was galloping and you put the hammer down she took off like a Rocket. (Something all of us Volvo owners know)

She swooped down the freeway with ease and made it a pleasure to cruise around in with the Sunroof open. I was proud when people we're driving with me and always felt like it was a bargain for the money I paid.

She served me well, well enough to keep me coming back "For Life".

My new adopted Philly, as stated above is a 2001 v70 T5 with only 89,400. since it's September I believe it's accurate to say she is 13 years old and I figure she was on average driven about 6,876 miles/per year.

Carfax report shows all scheduled and requested maint. was completed timely and at the dealer of sale.

Other than a few bumps and bruises I think she was "garaged" because the paint is almost a Showroom Shine! Not to mention the undercarraige and chassis look equally as impressive.

I'm very proud of her!

Below are a few pictures that I'll call "out with the old and in with the new"..lol

I joined this forum because I'm now retired with two small Chillins and will be carting them to extra curriculars like Hockey. I'm only 43 but I like the wagon so instead of being a bit of a Homer (no offense to anyone) I figured I would Respectfully White Boy Pimp my Volvo out to give it a little more "HIP" look.....lol

I've already got plans for some Tint.....but I'm still deciding on the depth of "black" that I want....

I guess I'm here mostly to find out and learn other things that I can do to improve performance.......while still maintaining the integrity of the car.

Well, that's my introduction....I look forward to reading and sharing info with you all..

~Dave

Name:  IMAG1298_zpsde4016b1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  IMAG1300_zps36d90c79.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  IMAG1301_zps7adca3e2.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMAG1299_zps5a9ec9e3.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  63.7 KB

Last edited by clamjuice; 09-30-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, nice car! Be sure to maintain the tranny fluid. If not kept clean, the AW 55-50 tranny is suceptible to mechanical issues, with symptoms like harsh or delayed shifting. Be careful of doing a complete flush if one has never been done. Instead, drain a quart and replace a quart...over time, this will improve the fluid quality. Use ONLY recommended fluid. Read up on this tranny...there is a lot out there. If not already done, you may want to have your local Volvo dealer disable the Stop-Neutral feature.

Wishing many more miles...Greg

Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Greg!

I will definately keep an eye on the fluids...especially the tranny; I was aware of what I was getting into.....

I wouldn't have jumped at this one, but the Timing was completed ahead of schedule because the previous owner was very meticulous so I figured I saved quite a bit of change on that already....

Volvo+Fluids= MUST KEEP UP REGULARLY!

Thanks again for the tip Greg....

~Dave

Originally Posted by geemurphy
Dave, nice car! Be sure to maintain the tranny fluid. If not kept clean, the AW 55-50 tranny is suceptible to mechanical issues, with symptoms like harsh or delayed shifting. Be careful of doing a complete flush if one has never been done. Instead, drain a quart and replace a quart...over time, this will improve the fluid quality. Use ONLY recommended fluid. Read up on this tranny...there is a lot out there. If not already done, you may want to have your local Volvo dealer disable the Stop-Neutral feature.

Wishing many more miles...Greg

Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Dave, welcome to the site.