New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hello with a story

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hello with a story

Hello Volvo forum! The name is "Magnusson" (why in quotes? just cuz I like my user name) or you can call me mag for short.

Currently I own a 2001 Volvo S40 1.9t with 192k miles on it!!!! I know it sounds a lot of miles on it but it was the second owners who trashed it and put many miles on the car but my brothers wife bought it and he immediately knew the car had major problems with it. Over the time that my brother and his best friend spent the majority of the summers trying to get the car working with 60% success. Then when both my brother and his wife graduated college she got a company car and was going to give the car to her sister, but after my bro heard about my little incident with ,ahhem , the truck, they decided to give the car to me since I did had a drivers licences and needed are car for college. Oh, for those of you that are wondering what the 2nd owners did that my big bro had to fix; lets see...suspension replacement,cleaning the vehicle of the smell, replacement of OSH plumbing parts in the engine itself and last but not least the Turbo had to be swapped out because it was beyond repair. So when I got the car, the major tune up was needed i.e. timing had to established. After a while of have the volvo itself for sometime, the worst thing had happened to me and that would be the radiator hose joint where it connected to the top of the radiator, engine block, and the return line to the tank had snapped wide open. Luckily I caught it before it did any damage on the aluminum block. The last major tune up was the replacement of all the exhaust gaskets, seal rings, turbo water and oil line seals and rubber hoses, air conditioning compressor and lastly the condenser with in 72 hours. The car now is running better than it was before I got it with some minor issues that the forum can help me out with.

Last edited by Magnusson; 03-23-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi "Magnusson" welcome to the site.

Do you have any pics to share?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Default Sure... Need a Little Time Though

Originally Posted by rspi
Hi "Magnusson" welcome to the site.

Do you have any pics to share?
Ill post some pictures next week on my Spring Break[4/14/2014], but for now I need to get some homework done for college . Back to the books as one says, but I rather learn a different way .

Old 04-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Exclamation Disaster Strikes Again... Nothing too serious.

Originally Posted by Magnusson
Ill post some pictures next week on my Spring Break[4/14/2014], but for now I need to get some homework done for college . Back to the books as one says, but I rather learn a different way .
I'll have to push back my original posting date due to brake line failure and it is in the process of being fixed up by me doing it the right way. I'll update on when the Pics. will be posted.