New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy

Howdy everyone. I'm normally a Jeep forum guy, but the girlfriend has a Volvo S60 so here I am. Honestly it was the first "cool" thing I noticed about her back when we met so I suppose that's appropriate. I'm just looking at finding some additional info about her car.

As of now, I'm trying to figure out why it has vibrations in the steering wheel at 60+ MPH. At first I thought the wheels were out of balance so I tried rotating them. The vibrations were reduced, but still existent. Maybe an axle shaft or motor mount?

Just yesterday I replaced the air filter with a WIX OEM equivalent. Seemed to have more pleats per inch compared to the Volvo filter as well. Ill count them later..lol But anyway HOLY COW!! What a bear! All I can say is its not a Jeep. It looks like the PO installed the top of the air box incorrectly, which deformed the shape, thus causing 1 of the 3 securing tabs to no seat properly. It seals, but part of the filter foam is exposed. Looks like a good excuse for a junkyard visit.

All in all though its a great car. Its her baby and it is taken care of quite well. Definitely one of my top favorite car brands in the US market.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lost any balance weights off your tires? Pressures correct and even both sides?
Check your wheel bearings,ball joints,tie rod ends and your control arm bushes for excessive play.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 AM

The pressure is all correct. Made sure of that for a small road trip, plus we are both OCD about tire pressure. Ill check the weights and everything else this evening.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM

Hi dlundblad, I also have a Jeep (first time owner as of June this year) and love it. I just bought a 1998 S70 for my 15 year old daughter. It's in great condition and I have real faith in the safety factor of Volvos. This girl has a need for speed, frightening, I know! The jeep forum almost scared me away from buying one and I do have some quirks the mechanic can't nail down, but I have 2 1/2 yrs of warranty left, no worries there. This forum should have scared me off, but the car only cost me $3100 and I just need it to last maybe 2-3 years till she goes off to college. So I'd be happy if that happened without costing me major bucks. Anyway, have fun with your new toy, at least your not spending money on the Jeep!