New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

just got a 99 s80

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got a 99 s80

hi so im new to this forum... im also part of bimmerforums.com as my other car is a 95 325is and i just bought a 99 s80 non turbo 3 days ago... before buying it i didnt notice the little screen to the far left on the cluster... im assuming its the message info screen .... and i cant seem to get it to work or turn on... it does light up but its blank can someone possibly help me or point me in the right direction.. i wish i knew about it before i bought it so i could see if anything was wrong with the car that i didnt notice driving it lol... it does drive fine and what not... seems like i have to push down on hte pedal to get it going but ...did the stop halt test and no tranny slippage...so im satisfied...but deffiently not powerful and fast....but i like it well if anyone can help me with the cluster message screen please let me know...thanks alot ... -donnie bello

Old 03-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You may want to check here: http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/comm...yourvolvo.aspx

The specs say that the car has 201 HP. That should be enough power to make it strong enough to hold it's own. That is Volvo's flagship so I can't imagine it being slow. Probably needs a tune up or stage 1.

Make sure the W button is not pushed in. It's to the right of your shifter.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Welcome aboard.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by rspi
You may want to check here: http://www.volvocars.com/us/top/comm...yourvolvo.aspx

The specs say that the car has 201 HP. That should be enough power to make it strong enough to hold it's own. That is Volvo's flagship so I can't imagine it being slow. Probably needs a tune up or stage 1.

yeah the w isnt pressed in ...and i dont know much history maintence of the vehicle .... im not sure.. i mean it seeems like i have to press down far on the pedal to get it to go and deffiently a dog up hills... i dont know... i stuck highest gas in it with lucas fuel injector and gonna do that the next 2 times i fill up too and then continue running the highest...

Old 03-11-2010, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by rspi

yeah the w isnt pressed in ...and i dont know much history maintence of the vehicle .... im not sure.. i mean it seeems like i have to press down far on the pedal to get it to go and deffiently a dog up hills... i dont know... i stuck highest gas in it with lucas fuel injector and gonna do that the next 2 times i fill up too and then continue running the highest...